No announcement yet.

Another damning enviromental report :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, there is nothing wrong with re-planting trees, It's actually quite good, esp. since tree farms have younger trees, that grow and produce cellulose more rapidly, and thus take in more CO2. HOWEVER, to make this all work well, you need to burry your furniture when you want to dispose of it, if you catch my drift.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, things have changed. I'm not saying they haven't. But these are the same people that, in the 70's, were wraning us of the next ice age coming. Now it's global warming.

You and I are close to the same age.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
        Do they not produce oxygen?
        That's irrelevent to your point. No one's arguing we're running out of oxygen. Now you're just squirming.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          ...anyone older than their mid-twenties, only has to drive around and see how much has changed since the '70s, even in the U.S., which has pretty strict regulations.
          Are you serious!!! You guys still allow coal factories and all that ****. Strict regulations my ass!! Here in Canada we HAVE strict regulations that, imo, are never as strict as they should be.
          You guys send us more pollution by air than we produce ourselfs

Strict regulations my ass!!

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yes, things have changed. I'm not saying they haven't. But these are the same people that, in the 70's, were wraning us of the next ice age coming. Now it's global warming.
            The difference is, most scientists are on board with the global warming, where they weren't with the next ice age. The evidence and the facts fit the models of global warming. Only an ideologue denies it.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, your point was:
              If you are going to protest something at least know something about what you are protesting.

And yet, that's what you just did, as evidenced by both Oerdin and I pointing out your factual error.
              We are confused, yes I was in error. The
              So?
              wasn't explained...obviously.

So? means "what do I care if forest is gone and tree farms take their place.

ACK!

Comment

The difference is, most scientists are on board with the global warming, where they weren't with the next ice age. The evidence and the facts fit the models of global warming. Only an ideologue denies it.
                Where is the evidence and facts?

They only have temp trends for 100 years.

ACK!

Comment

Again, so what.

ACK!
                  ummmm without biodiversity you'll end up with alot of desert? hows that? plants need insects to pollinate, insect need non pesticides to live, petro-chem companies need pesticides to get rich. And so it goes on untill you get a big sterile nothing, no food will grow, no animals will live, no humans either. Another Mars? stuff like that. so its not good really.

plus Che kinda pawned you on this earlier, even if you are right that most people aren't clued up on the details of the whole enviromental debate(it is pretty complex really, more so than i fully understand)
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Again prove that Global Warming exists.

Temps went down in the 70's, which caused the ice age theory. Temps are going up now causing the global warming theory.

Environmentalism isn't bad, but extremism is.

ACK!

Comment

Where is the evidence and facts?
                      Sinking islands, disappearing glaciers, the destruction of the boreal forest by insects that should not be able to survive so far north, the melting of the permafrost (which is both hurting the boreal forests and turning the tundra into a swamp), etc. All this is stuff that hasn't been previously recorded in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Are you serious!!! You guys still allow coal factories and all that ****. Strict regulations my ass!! Here in Canada we HAVE strict regulations that, imo, are never as strict as they should be.
                        You guys send us more pollution by air than we produce ourselfs

Strict regulations my ass!!

Spec.

There is nothing wrong with Coal power plants when they have the proper filters. They actually contribute less to global warming than gas power.

the real enemy of the enviroment is the internal combustion engine, and the pollution of water by organics and heavy metals.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Environmentalism isn't bad, but extremism is.

ACK!
                          Sticking your head in the sand is worse. If the economy has to grow slowly for a few years, and we discover we were wrong, we can make it up. If we decide to put the economy first, and decide we were wrong, we're ****ed. If the environment collapses, so does the economy.

Comment

humans will adapt as recources and oil runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              like grow gills to breath the tepid liquid atmosphere that will replace oxygen? sort of Toxic Avenger etc
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                That's not in doubt. The quality of life is. When the environment takes a nose dive, so does the quality of life of those remaining alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X