Another damning enviromental report :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another damning enviromental report :(

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

will we be able to change our ways before its too late?
    Yes
    5.88%
    No
    64.71%
    yellow bendy cop-out
    29.41%
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

If history is any guide, probably not.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nope, we´re all going straight to hell. The earth will purge itself of this cancer called humanity and the monkeys will eventually take over.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

"God damn dirty apes!"

come on - surely its worth fighting for?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Mankind? Learn? ha. We're ****ed.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Uh huh.

Notice how forest has increased in North America. It's because people need houses.

I watch Penn and Teller:Bull**** on this subject the other day.

They sent a lady out to get environmental protesters to sign a petition to get Dihydrogen monoxide banned. They told the absolute truth about it.

100's of people signed this petition.

If you are going to protest something at least know something about what you are protesting.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
              Uh huh.

Notice how forest has increased in North America. It's because people need houses.
              Forest has not increased. Acrage of trees has increased, but that's not the same thing. A farm is not a prairie, a tree farm is not a foreset anymore than an orange grove is. A forest is a type of ecosystem, and most of those have been pretty well destroyed. These so-called forests are nothing more than neatly arranged rows of lodgepole pine, sprayed, weeded, etc.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So?

Do they not produce oxygen?

ACK!

Comment

So?

ACK!
                  So you were totally wrong. You were just as taken in as those people signing the H2O petition.

Comment

There are more trees in North America then a century ago but many (most?) of those trees aren't a natural forest. Forests are cut down then tree farms are replanted with one or two types of fast growing and economically useful types of trees. The biodiversity is gone and animals which relied upon old growth trees or trees other then those one or two types are screwed.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Again, so what.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

So you were totally wrong. You were just as taken in as those people signing the H2O petition.
                        No I wasn't, my point is why should I care?

you did teach me something though, I now know how to do the sub thing.
                        ACK!

Comment

Tubes, a better tack would have been to try and go after whomever these Millenium Environment Assessment people are.

It was funded by the Global Environment Facility, the United Nations Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the World Bank and others.

I would say that at least partially, some of those involved might be predisposed to find the answers they found. On the other hand, anyone older than their mid-twenties, only has to drive around and see how much has changed since the '70s, even in the U.S., which has pretty strict regulations.

Comment

So?

Do they not produce oxygen?

ACK!
                            It doesn"t conserve humodity like forests do. Thus the making of clouds and regular rain fall.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

No I wasn't, my point is why should I care?
                              No, your point was:
                              If you are going to protest something at least know something about what you are protesting.

And yet, that's what you just did, as evidenced by both Oerdin and I pointing out your factual error.

Comment

Working...
                              X