Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical Question: If you had to kill your best friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    Iwouldn't do it to a stranger or my worst enemy.
    I would do it for Osama Bin Ladin

Comment

He hardly qualifies as a best friend though does he?

Money is a boring thing to ask for though. I've been thinking recently that telekinesis would be really cool
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The question presupposes the answer. If such a wish is possible, then there is almost certainly divinity, and very likely evil personified - call them God and the Devil, Uhura-Mazda and Ahriman, pick your choice.

Every myth cycle in every culture says that doing that even more minor things will always reflect back on you, usually with terrible results. Or, from my viewpoint, the Tao of doing such an act must lead you from the path. Only a fool would answer the question postively.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

time travel.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Ah be quiet, it's all codswallop. It's a theoretical question
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Why does everyone think immortality is such a good thing? I can understand living for 200 years or 300 years (though I'm not even close ), but you must get somewhat bored after you've lived for half a millenium. Immortality is good only if you can actually die if you wish. Otherwise, it's horrible.
              The universe is a big place, are you telling me you wouldnt like to see it all?
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

She'd be the **** out of me if I tried, so no.

I mean, I don't want to be World Conqueror that much.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Immortality:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    He hardly qualifies as a best friend though does he?

Money is a boring thing to ask for though. I've been thinking recently that telekinesis would be really cool
                    who's to say he isn't my best friend? I say he is.

And I would wish for 999 trillion (because I can't remember what comes after trillion) dollars- no questions asked.

Of course I would have to pay taxes on this. And my taxes would eleminate the national debt. Ahh who am I kidding, Bush will just spend it on more wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

Of course I would have to pay taxes on this. And my taxes would eleminate the national debt. Ahh who am I kidding, Bush will just spend it on more wars.

Comment

I think having that kind of money on you could cause rampant global inflation, economic collapse, depression and eventually the end of society...enjoy your money whilst it lasts
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          I think having that kind of money on you could cause rampant global inflation, economic collapse, depression and eventually the end of society...enjoy your money whilst it lasts
                          I wouldn't spend it all at once .

If I kept it in a safe in my house (and hope it doesn't get stolen), and not invest it or put it in banks, I wouldn't think it would cause inflation. But I'm not economist, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

The universe is a big place, are you telling me you wouldnt like to see it all?
                            But I'd just sit stuck here on Earth for a long time. OK, in the next two centuries, I may also get a chance to travel to Mars and some other Solar System planets. And then, unless we develop faster-than-light travel, I'd still get amazingly bored within the next 500 years .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Erm, no. What sickos would really say yes?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

But I'd just sit stuck here on Earth for a long time. OK, in the next two centuries, I may also get a chance to travel to Mars and some other Solar System planets. And then, unless we develop faster-than-light travel, I'd still get amazingly bored within the next 500 years .
                                Then you could be put to sleep till they get faster travel, or just be put to sleep for your journey there.

I doubt theyd let you go though, someone who is immortal, youd want them on Earth for a while yet. In fact they probably wouldnt let you go anywhere and just do tests on you for decades
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X