No announcement yet.

Let's talk about European antisemitism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that there are much antisemitism in Denmark. There has been one or two incidents with grave vandalism in the last twenty years tageting jewish graves, but in the same period it has also happened for muslim and christian places.

Politcally there hasn't been any kind of this. We have a Nazi party in Denmark, but they are so few and so dumb that noone cares what they say - every time they try to stick their ugly heads up, they are cut down by ordinary people. The only political people here that resembles antisemitism is the left wing, but I guess that it's a reflex. If US had supported the palestineans, they would have supported Israel.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Every modern nation is equally guilty of stealing land. I certainly don't mind disproportionate Jewish influence. The Q word is very much hated in Norway.

Comment

Quisling?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
          Every modern nation is equally guilty of stealing land. I certainly don't mind disproportionate Jewish influence. The Q word is very much hated in Norway.
          I don't understand this "stealing land" statement - can you be more specific ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

I find it strange that so many people seem to have far right-winged views there. Either they're making artificial crowd (which is easy, You don't have to register), or this site has been invaded by Poles of Canada and/or USA.
            Erm... This forum leans heavily to the left, as you can see through the political polls we take. And most of the right-wingers aren't conservative, but moderates.

On the other hand, I'm not suprised with that people dislike Jews sometimes. I recall my first threads here in which I had to fight against ones puting Poland in one row with Germany and Austria...
            This is quite a racist statement. Based on a few opinions on Apolyton, you generalize all Jews? From how I read that statement, you were calling most Jews stupid.

Jews often show a great deal of unnecessary antipathy, ignorance and lack of tact in Polish-Jewish relations,
            and it's often a cause of a mild dislike of Jews that You'd probably label as antisemitism.
            I'm sorry, how did you come to the conclusion that many Jews are ignorant with regards to Polish-Jewish relations? Have you met all Jews? And also, a mild dislike of any race/culture/religion, is racist. Saying I don't like Ariel Sharon is fine, but saying I have a dislike for Jews is anti-semitism.

Comment

True, but the United States also "stole" land. As did Britan, and France, and Germany, and Russia, and Holland, and Spain, and Portugal, and China, and Japan, and Vietnam, and Greece, and Italy, and Turkey, just to name a few.

Yes, but it's no argument for one rapist to say: "there were 25 rapes in my city this year that I didn't do".

Anyway, how many of these constitute occupation with complete denial of civil rights?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                Yes, but it's no argument for one rapist to say: "there were 25 rapes in my city this year that I didn't do".

Anyway, how many of these constitute occupation with complete denial of civil rights?
                How come that you only critisice Israel as a "raper" and not the other countries ?

I don't think that there was much liberty in those areas that was "raped" by the soviet - if I'm not wrong, then it was suicide to try to claim that you had aany rights at all.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, Quisling.

You think the original Germans, Norse, Angles, Saxons, Franks, etc. were the first to live in their respective modern countries? What about Celts, Saami, etc.?

Not all religions are races. Prejudice encompasses more than racism.

Didn't the first Germans most likely kill whoever was there before them?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                    Yes, Quisling.

You think the original Germans, Norse, Angles, Saxons, Franks, etc. were the first to live in their respective modern countries? What about Celts, Saami, etc.?

Not all religions are races. Prejudice encompasses more than racism.

Didn't the first Germans most likely kill whoever was there before them?
                    No, and ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Couldn't you people at least make an interesting threadjack?!

Think different, peaople!
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Did you really expect that a thread about antisemtism wouldn't involve what happens in the ME ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

How come that you only critisice Israel as a "raper" and not the other countries ?

How little you know me.

But there are precious few of those people who are both occupied and denied civil rights.

For example, one could argue that the British illegally took a great deal of Maori land in the colonization of New Zealand (they certainly did, but by no means all of the land was stolen).

NZ Maori have full political rights and can petition the courts for redress of past wrongs (which they are actively doing). There is no substantial movement for "keeping New Zealand white". In any case the aim of the British colonists was to found a new state of both peoples (that's enshrined in our founding document).

That's a **** of a lot different from a bunch of people flooding into an area with the express purpose of displacing and disenfranchising the local inhabitants, and then keeping them under apartheid occupation.

Israel is an absolute disgrace. It goes against the whole of the Jewish religious tradition and shows how easy it is for people to become what they hate if it suits them.

I don't think that there was much liberty in those areas that was "raped" by the soviet - if I'm not wrong, then it was suicide to try to claim that you had aany rights at all.

I'm not Stalinist.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey, I go with the flow. To some degree I conider anything brought up that eventually leads back logically to the original topic, ontopic, and anything that's more closely related to the original topic than anything else that belongs in the subforum. I've never carried this philosophy far enough to get in trouble yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                              Did you really expect that a thread about antisemtism wouldn't involve what happens in the ME ?
                              Well, if I made a thread about anti-asian racism, would you guys have talked about the universality of territorial conquest?

Please, if you really wish to threadjack, speak about ICQ or something Israeli like that
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, if I made a thread about anti-asian racism, would you guys have talked about the universality of territorial conquest?

Please, if you really wish to threadjack, speak about ICQ or something Israeli like that

Oh, what a burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X