X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gian "PLEASE STAY OFF MY SIDE" carlo
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• You shut up! You provide no evidence! White people are superior because Bush is white!
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Alright, I've put up the Fez-symbol, he should be here shortly...what do you mean, you don't see it? It's the big rainbow-colored fasces projected against the clouds, how could you miss it? Well, that's because you're a treasonous freedom-hating bastard who should be shot and vivisected without anesthetic as he bleeds to death, only good people can see the Fez-symbol. So there.

WRT Ozzie's neglected points, which seem as good a continuation as anything given where this thread has gone, there is reason to believe that youth are as a whole inferior cognitively to adults. For one thing, the brain doesn't completely develop and become fully myelinated until the end of puberty or so, and for another a lot of intelligence is acquired as experience in the ways of the world. It's a bit different from race.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• We don't need any commies telling us that kids are stupid.

Oops, I can quit being Fez now since the Fez-symbol is up.

Disregard that Fex-like comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drogue
            So the same is true of state differences, national differences, and the like? And the same with physical things I suppose, that blacks run faster purely because their socioeconomic conditions make them train harder?
            Selection pressures. For the few thousand years between H. sapiens spreading across the world to inventing trade routes, the selection pressure on intelligence was not correlated with race, but culture. There have been really quite credible studies done into how the Jewish culture has promoted intelligent males over fast/strong/physical males and produced in the present day a population who overall might be a few intelligence points ahead of the descendants of neighbouring cultures.

But the timescale is very limited, and the disparity between cultures can therefore only ever be very very small. And continual interbreeding continually diminishes it - which means that in anywhere with a recent history of diverse cultural makeup, the effect will be practically non-existant. Between a thousand pure Australian Aboriginies and a thousand pure Jews in America, then maybe there will be a slight but noticable difference in "intelligences"*, but on the whole I think there won't be as significant an effect as is seen in physical activities.

*intelligences: It is plausible that cultures have required different types of "intelligence" or cognitive ability to different extents (Spatial perception vs Logical reasoning for example), which have affected and differentiated (to some tiny extent) the cognitive nature (and nurture) of individuals from different cultures.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
              I'm not stifling discussion. I just think racist people like to talk about it, and other people mostly don't give a **** about it. I don't know why you guys sucker normal people into your discussions.
              Please tell me why a brown-skinned Indian male would troll about racism ? I want serious discussion , which is seemingly impossible when the PC brigade tries to rescue us from our deluded attempts to find the truth/discuss the truth .

And the given study also cites the fact that 'g' does have an effect , and a provable one , on success .
              Last edited by aneeshm; March 25, 2005, 06:08.

Comment

• PC Brigade:

Every time I call the Blank Slate BS someone will invariably accuse me of being a racist, sexist, Nazi who supports eugenics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

My take is this: since intelligence is partly/largely/totally determined by genetics (as is skin color, hair, resistance to diseases, etc), then it is likely that there are measurable differences between the various races.

There are well-understood selection mechanisms for the creation of genetic differences in skin color, hair, and resistances to disease between huuman populations. The same is certainly not true for "intelligence." So your assertion is bull****.
                  Anthropology, if it can't explain something there are clearly no differences. Say if anthropology can't explain why some "races" have certain different facial (or other) features, they don't exist. Keep saying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by tinyp3nis

Anthropology, if it can't explain something there are clearly no differences. Say if anthropology can't explain why some "races" have certain different facial (or other) features, they don't exist. Keep saying that.
                    The supposed facial differences are due to typological thinking, trying to put many diverse ethnic groups into a handfull of stereotyical "racial" types. 85% of human polymorphisms do not respect traditional "racial" bounderies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

The supposed facial differences are due to typological thinking, trying to put many diverse ethnic groups into a handfull of stereotyical "racial" types. 85% of human polymorphisms do not respect traditional "racial" bounderies.
                      15% do? That's kind of a lot don't you think? Also you might have missed my point. Also also @ traditional racial bounderies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

SelectionThere have been really quite credible studies done into how the Jewish culture has promoted intelligent males over fast/strong/physical males and produced in the present day a population who overall might be a few intelligence points ahead of the descendants of neighbouring cultures.

But the timescale is very limited, and the disparity between cultures can therefore only ever be very very small. And continual interbreeding continually diminishes it -
                        without addressing Nature v nurture, im not sure that interbreeding necessarilly would dilute group "traits". I think of the "Jews by Choice" I know - Id say they are generally higher IQ than the general pop, or even than the Jews by birth population. Maybe thats true of ALL people who change religion, etc (Maybe the Jews who leave Judaism are similarly higher in IQ - though thats not as strong an impression on my part) They also seem to have share many "Jewish" cultural traits and obsessions - which may account for their choice. In any case, interbreeding under CERTAIN social circumstances COULD reinforce group traits, whether via nature or nurture.

Sorry to focus again on Jews - just musing.

Chinese Jewish adopted girls - our secret weapon
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Every time I call the Blank Slate BS someone will invariably accuse me of being a racist, sexist, Nazi who supports eugenics.
                          Having fun with your strawman?

There is a difference between arguing for a "blank slate" and disagreeing with "biology is destiny."
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            Chinese Jewish adopted girls - our secret weapon
                            The world is doomed.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

PC Brigade:

Maybe it's because no one is ever actually arguing that we start with a blank slate.

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm
                                Please tell me why a brown-skinned Indian male would troll about racism ?
                                Does that shock you? There are plenty of people who are prejudice against their own race.
                                I want serious discussion , which is seemingly impossible when the PC brigade tries to rescue us from our deluded attempts to find the truth/discuss the truth .
                                It seems obvious that you are not just trying to find truth but taking sides when you start calling the other side names. Do you want to take sides in an argument over whether some races are superior than others? You then can't blame others for wondering if you are a racist or not.
                                And the given study also cites the fact that 'g' does have an effect , and a provable one , on success .
                                I'll take my Anthrology professors word for it. He taught us that there is no such thing as actual race, and therefore there is no difference in intellegence between "races." I've always been satisfied with that and I've never had a reason to question it. Why should I?

Comment

Working...
                                X