• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRT144

Asians
    B♭3

Comment

• Uh, make it more clear by putting the book's title in quotation marks next time: "The Bell Curve." I guess I haven't been reading the literature enough to be familiar, but that's just asking for trouble, not making it clear that you're talking about the book. Until I read the followup posts, like Q^3 I was thinking, "For crying out loud, that's elementary statistics, and common sense to boot, and they think it's a hoax? Even for polyfolk these people are talking loony!"

1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
        MRT144

Asians
        most my close friends are asian. i think i have the right.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

MRT144

Asians
          At least some my ancestors came from the Middle East. Does that make me Asian?

OTOH ALL our ancestors came from Africa.

OTOH 3 of my grandparents were born in Europe.

OTOH I was born in the good ole USA, land of the free and home of the brave.

Very proud to be Asian, African, European, AND American.

Not Australian though. Dammit.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• most my close friends are asian. i think i have the right.

MRT144 being wrong again
            MRT144
            Asians
            lotm
            B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

Anthropology, if it can't explain something there are clearly no differences. Say if anthropology can't explain why some "races" have certain different facial (or other) features, they don't exist. Keep saying that.

Where did I say that? I said that John's "logic," that just because there's variation between "races" in things like skin color means that there's variation in intelligence is absurd.

Biology can easily explain differing facial characteristics: genetic drift, which is fairly important since these characteristics are controlled by a relatively small number of genes (unlike intelligence). And you very well may have a gradient in selective pressures on facial characteristics - certain nose geometries may be slightly more efficient in breathing, for instance.
              And don't forget sexual selection as a result of cultural diferences (Would that why blond hair and blue eyes are so common in N. Europe?).

Comment

• "my Anthrology professors word"

Regardless of anyone's position or crap,

Anthropology
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• IQ testing can ruin your life. I was tested for IQ, along with my schoolmates, in grammar school. They used this, along with grades, to assign kids to classes.

My grades sucked of course, but I had a relatively high IQ.

So I got lumped in with the smart kids and it pretty much stayed that way through high school.

It ruined my life.

Why you ask?

I will tell you.

Dumb girls put it out; smart girls don't.

Well, smart girls do, but not as much as dumb girls. Everyone knows that.

I am talking 30 years ago, yeah, I know things are different now.

But in those days you couldn't get it from the smart ones. So, I never got laid enough. It made my skin go bad. Pimples. Then, the more pimples, the less I got.

It was a vicious circle.

I finally broke down and started screwing the dumb girls my senior year. It was scandalous, you aren't supposed to screw out of class. But, it saved my life and my skin cleared right up.

So, let that be a lesson. Don't take IQ tests. It will f**k you up.

Comment

Capt Dizle....

Asians
                    B♭3

Comment

Capt Dizle....

Asians
                      Crackers!

Comment

• I think Capt Dizle's real lesson is that sex cures acne.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher

I think Capt Dizle's real lesson is that sex cures acne.
                          Yeah, but, getting back on topic, most of the girls in my high IQ classes were white, most of the girls from the dumb classes were black, so, was it the sex the cured the acne, or was it something that only the sisters can throw on ya?

Crackers!

Comment

• Maybe its those fast twitch muscles they got!

Comment

• Maybe it's the lack of stress... You don't have to try to impress a dumb girl
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X