No announcement yet.

Why Do Women Get Cold So Easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always get this at work. When I am wearing a T-shirt nice and comfy all the women are in their coats and scarves...they do have dodgy thermostats
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have a fast metabolism, and Im always properly hydrated do those effect my body temp any?
      Are some people at higher risk for cold-related conditions than others?
      Yes, a variety of factors affect the ability to maintain body temperature and avoid cold injury. People at the extremes of age are particularly sensitive to cold. Infants have a high body surface area to weight ratio and lose heat very quickly. Older people tend to have less muscle mass and therefore generate heat less well. People who are exhausted, either because of physical activity or fatigue, and people who are malnourished will not be able to generate sufficient heat as well. People with a variety of medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid disease, spinal and nerve disorders are also more susceptible to the cold. Certainly, the homeless population is at major risk; every winter in our large cities we see increased rates of death among the homeless.
      How does what you eat and drink affect body temperature?
      Certainly being malnourished decreases the amount of energy available for body heat generation. Being dehydrated may decrease the peripheral blood flow, which decreases the delivery of heat to the limbs.

People really shouldn't mix alcohol with cold weather. Drinking alcohol and being out in the cold greatly increases the risk of hypothermia and frostbite. Alcohol increases the risks of falls and motor vehicle accidents, which can lead to being out is the cold for too long. It can impair the judgment that would lead a person to seek shelter. And alcohol decreases shivering that is needed for heat generation and can cause flushing, which increases body heat loss.

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          link?

The second link covers more with frostbite and hypothermia, but the information for what makes people cold/warm is still applicable.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaag, they just got up to smoke (over an hour after going to bed ) and when they went back to bed they turned the heat back up.

They even sleep together under an inch thick (heavy) blanket. They should be warm sleeping outside.

Comment

I'm english and even I don't think 21 indoors is hot.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Well 21 would be comfortable although my comfort range goes lower than that, and higher for that matter humidity depending...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

ahh its now 48f(9c) inside.

Comment

9C? Yikes, that is pretty cold!
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Eskimo boy
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Eskimo boy

I assure you I am very white.

Comment

It's probably from lack of circulation to the skin at those temperatures
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It's probably from lack of circulation to the skin at those temperatures

No, its from lack of prolonged exposure to the sun.

Comment

I'm shivering if the temperature is much below 75. It's been a cold winter here in Ft. Lauderdale.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Wussy
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X