Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for the record in a condition like hers you dont lose your dignity, its taken from you by the wise asses taken care of you.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• She has severe brain damage, which is apparently enough to strip you of all human dignity these days...

When there is no chance of recovery (as attested to by every doctor who has examined her), yep.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Vague? PVS is very specific, it means she is always going to be a vegetable. Vegetable=no brain function.
        I changed my signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          But how can he get caught. I cant speak right. I cant point the finger and god knows if there is no proof he wont get caught. But he still needs me out of the way in case I do recover and help send him to jail.
          There is such a thing as forensic evidence. It's really not that easy to get away with murder unless you kill complete strangers. You know, it's not like murder victims are able to verbally point to their murderer either.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• If it's so clear, why do they need to employ several doctors to declare her to be in such a state? It's a subjective standard and not clear at all...

When there is no chance of recovery (as attested to by every doctor who has examined her), yep.

As Spencer said, that's a hell of a precedent to set. Lots of severely retarded people out there with no chance of recovery who you'd be stripping of their human dignity...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Just for the record in a condition like hers you dont lose your dignity, its taken from you by the wise asses taken care of you.
              A corpse has no dignity. That doesn't change just because it's still breathing. Only human beings can have dignity, and what was Terry Schiavo no longer counts as a being.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                If it's so clear, why do they need to employ several doctors to declare her to be in such a state? It's a subjective standard and not clear at all...

As Spencer said, that's a hell of a precedent to set. Lots of severely retarded people out there with no chance of recovery who you'd be stripping of their human dignity...
                No, PVS isn't subjective. It's just that some ultraChristians don't have enough integrity to let the facts tell them what to think, and instead let imaginary freinds tell them what to think.

As for what Spencer said, there is a difference between most retarded people and those who are missing their brains.

Comment

• A corpse has no dignity. That doesn't change just because it's still breathing.

You do know what a corpse is, don't you? The fact that a body is breathing actually does change things...

As for what Spencer said, there is a difference between most retarded people and those who are missing their brains.

Use of the word "most" noted. Nice way to gain some wiggle room, but what about the retarded people who don't fit into the "most" category? Is it alright to starve them to death?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

A corpse has no dignity. That doesn't change just because it's still breathing.

You do know what a corpse is, don't you? The fact that a body is breathing actually does change things...
                    No, it really doesn't. Terry Schiavo died fifteen years ago. All that's left is a body that hasn't died yet. It's a corpse.

Comment

• You do know what a corpse is, don't you? The fact that a body is breathing actually does change things...

No, it doesn't. It's just a shell of person whos brain has been turned to mush. A fetus has more human dignity.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• A body that hasn't died yet isn't a corpse, by definition. You two could at least try to argue seriously...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

There is such a thing as forensic evidence. It's really not that easy to get away with murder unless you kill complete strangers. You know, it's not like murder victims are able to verbally point to their murderer either.
                          touchee but if they never find me that cant prove he killed me. unlesss hes a dumb killer
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Use of the word "most" noted. Nice way to gain some wiggle room, but what about the retarded people who don't fit into the "most" category? Is it alright to starve them to death?
                            I left it vague, because, in fact, some infants are born without frontal cortexes. By definition, they are retarded. Since the frontal cortex is what makes us people, the lack of one should be enough to let it die.

Comment

A body that hasn't died yet isn't a corpse, by definition. You two could at least try to argue seriously...
                              The mind is dead, so it's good enough.

Comment

touchee but if they never find me that cant prove he killed me. unlesss hes a dumb killer
                                You don't need a body to prove murder. It just helps. You're getting wildly speculative, now, you know. BTW, unless you're in a hospital, I'm guessing it's pretty hard to keep a body in a PVS state alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X