Unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment

Ok, so I´ve been unemployed since the beginning of 2003. And it´s really starting to get to me now. I really want a job, but no one seems willing to hire me. I must have applied to 200+ jobs the last year. Only 10 of those actually got to an interview. I´m starting to lose hope here

But I suppose no one wants to hire a 35 year old with no particular education and a pronounced lack of direction in life. But at least I have solid unemployment benefits, 480 kr/day (~69$) for doing virtually nothing is quite sweet. But still... I´d rather get a job. I miss a social context and workmates. Sitting at home watching tv and getting fat is rather depressing. Since I have few things to do I eat. And I don´t excersise as much as I should. I´m starting to get real manboobs, not to mention a beer gut. I can hardly watch my self in the mirror anymore... I can´t even see my Cheney when I take a whizz anymore.

Getting in shape, find a job and find a gf (not necessarily in that order) is what I must do. I think getting in shape is the easy part...

Well, I think I´ll hit the sack and get prepared for another glorious day of unemployment...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

You see, to me, loads of free time plus a need for CV points = education or some form of charity venture. Find a cause you believe in and work towards it, or go to adult education and get some skills. They'll provide social interaction, something interesting to do and something to put on your CV to show that you have direction, ideas and purpose.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

gl Kamrat. Keep your chin up.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I wouldn't hire you either. Damn $69 a day for doing nothing. Surely you can find a **** job or on the other hand you could do full time volunteer work and still collect the $69.
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Re: Unemployment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
          Ok, so I´ve been unemployed since the beginning of 2003. And it´s really starting to get to me now
          Ouch man that sucks --
          suprising it took so long to get to you though

But at least I have solid unemployment benefits, 480 kr/day (~69$) for doing virtually nothing is quite sweet.
          ahh now it makes sense

I must have applied to 200+ jobs the last year.
          It seems like you are making a good effort to get out there. Is there high unemployment in your location?

But I suppose no one wants to hire a 35 year old with no particular education and a pronounced lack of direction in life.
          I hope this isn't part of your cover letter

Since I have few things to do I eat. And I don´t excersise as much as I should. I´m starting to get real manboobs, not to mention a beer gut. I can hardly watch my self in the mirror anymore... I can´t even see my Cheney when I take a whizz anymore.
          Now this part is just sad. When I was unemployed I took it as an opportunity to get in shape. I bicycled hundreds of km and thought about the type of stuff I would like to do.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You sound like a total bum!

Sort yourself out, you can't change your age but the rest just needs a bit of 'get up and go'.

Lazy tw@t

Comment

This seems like a good opportunity to get a practical education degree under your belt, since the "opportunity cost" of education doesn't exist in your situation. Is such stuff easy to find in your neck of the woods? Would they cut your benefits if they found out you were going to school?
              Last edited by DanS; March 15, 2005, 20:23.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

calling a spade a spade eh reds

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Jobs.

Be your own person, take up a craft.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                    calling a spade a spade eh reds

If you can do something about a problem then do it, if you can't then don't worry about it, ie. he's an unemployed, fat, lazy bum. All rectifiable.

He's also 35 years old with a small c0ck, not rectifiable

So he needs to concentrate on sorting out the fat, lazy bum part, cos he's stuck with the age and the small dick.

Comment

35 years old isn't a negative. That's pretty young nowadays.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

X, make your own job by starting your own business. My brother in law dumped a $80k per year chip designing job because he disliked the management and found the work boring and now he's self employed and doing well. As an added benifit he used to commute 1 hour each way to work and now he works 4 miles from home.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          35 years old isn't a negative. That's pretty young nowadays.
                          He's making it sound negative though, I'm 36 on Friday and I don't b!tch about my age/c0ck/job/beer belly.

You've got play the hand you've been dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                            You've got play the hand you've been dealt.
                            or you fold...

suicide
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              or you fold...

suicide

Comment

Working...
                              X