Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 year old shoots younger brother- intentionally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year old shoots younger brother- intentionally!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/42...=22100412&qs=1;bp=t

You can call this an accident, but I do not. why? Because the 2 boys were fighting. Obviously the kid knew the gun would do some kind of damage to prevent the other kid from throwing things at him.

could this be the youngest person ever to shoot somone (the little brother isn't dead-yet)?

Whatcha think?

Even though the kid did do this intentionally, he still have no ability to determine the consequences of his actions. You can't charge the kid.

Should they charge the mother?

[begin typical U.S. anti-gun argument]

absolutely they should charge the mother
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

charge her with what?

she has never harmed her kids... kid got a gun. Charge her, send her away??? now the other kids life is screwed and the state pays to raise this kid. yeah, that's what we need.

Comment

child endangerment. That's the only thing you can charge her with.

and the kid can live with the grandparents- that's where the kid is now.

Comment

I know I would not want to pay for this mother to be in jail. Too many darn people in jail now for stupid things.

Comment

That's horrible. Obviously a 4 year old might be unable to realise what extent of damage a gun can do. Some 4 year olds don't even realise what death is. Assuming the younger kid survives, I hope they can both live with it later.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV
              charge her with what?
              child endangerment
              she has never harmed her kids...
              by leaving a loaded gun around, she did harm her kids
              kid got a gun. Charge her, send her away??? now the other kids life is screwed and the state pays to raise this kid. yeah, that's what we need.
              rather the state raise the kid than some irresponsible parent who leaves loaded guns laying around...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well than throw everyone in jail. she just happened to be the one who had this happen to her. how many - near misses - happened yesterday?!?

It's ok to leave a loaded gun around - as long as no one gets hurt. That works... gezzz.

Comment

How about fix the crime where she lived????? i guess no one has thought about that yet - or maybe that would cost too much. it's cheaper to f* over a whole family.

Comment

I know I would not want to pay for this mother to be in jail. Too many darn people in jail now for stupid things.
                    so the law comes down to money now?

Comment

How about fix the crime where she lived????? i guess no one has thought about that yet - or maybe that would cost too much. it's cheaper to f* over a whole family.
                      the mother endangered the lives of her children by leaving that around... she committed a crime and should go to jail.

from the article:
                      The agency has placed the older boy with a grandparent.
                      the "state" isn't going to be raising this child... next strawman?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

so the law comes down to money now?

it has always come down to money. why do you think they let people out early? just to be nice??

Comment

Fry the little bastard.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

S*** and it had to happen in texas. I agree Im not sure a 4 yo knows what death is. However what was that mother thinking with the gun and in reach of a small child?
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

well... one thing is sure... the state will waste untold amounts of money sending this through the system. and in the end - nothing will change. you'll read about this again. the mother is screwed with a record and the state will supply for the kids (to her, the grandparents or whoever else gets the kid), the other kid gets his mom taken away and the already stressed prison system gets another 'hardened criminal'. yeah, way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X