Random question for Asher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

No, that's not the reason. The reason is Windows has more security holes than swiss cheese.
    Bah...that's just BS, and you know it. Windows is neither more, nor is it less secure than any other OS on the market. It only has more users. A lot more. And that's why there is more malware written for Windows. Plus the fact that many people have got it in for MS, and would love nothing more than to bring them down.

Pfffttt.....listen to yourself.....

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Yeah come on and pull examples out of nowhere... Try to stay realistic, okay!
      There is a System Requirements Box on every software box and if you don't know what system you're running, well then you have to learn it. It's a simple string and string comparison which should be well enough for everyone to handle.
      If you want to say that users don't have to learn, you're contributing more to a downward spiral.
      Do you seriously think that ignorant people actually read the system requirements and understand the difference between Linux and Windows? Even my mom, who has two geeks living with her, didn't know (or care) that her operating system is Windows for a long time. She just wants to use the damned computer, not spend her valuable time learning a whole new technology. Is that irresponsible? Sure. Is it realistic? Absolutely. As for examples, a little extrapolation on your part would do wonders for the efficiency of this conversation. Replace Norton Antivirus with label printing software, MS Office, any game on the shelf at Wal-Mart, hell, even the software that comes with the user's new printer. Nearly all consumer software assumes the customer uses Windows, and for good reason: the customer probably does.
      Sorry, but using any device requires some knowledge which you have to learn, this is NOT unique to computers and I think it's pretty essential, otherwise tech support will further explode explaining the "any" key to users because education is considered bad in computer business.
      Knowledge like, say, knowing not to open unknown email attachments? To use a computer, all you need to know is the keyboard/mouse paradigm, and where to click and when to type. To use a computer competently, you need to know that there isn't an any key and that you can't install Windows programs on Linux.
      destroying humanity because it has lost its ability to adapt. Only the stupid and inflexible shall survive, no?
      I'm glad that after several sentences, you finally noticed the tongue in my cheek.

SP
      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
      X