X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs:
    Cats:
    Birds:

Rottweilers are only vicious if they are trained to be attack or guard dogs, they are not like pit bulls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

"From 1965 - 2001, there have been at least 36 different breeds/types of dog that have been involved in a fatal attack in the United States. (This number rises to at least 52 breeds/types when surveying fatal attacks worldwide)."

-Fatal Dog Attacks, Karen Delise.

The problem with your argument is that the breeds of dogs that you want to just "eliminate" happen to constitute millions of the owned dogs around the country.

As I said before, it's the size and strength of dogs that make them more dangerous, not any sort of inherent "evil" behavior. So how is there a "problem" with my argument?
      yes, because those 3 breeds of dogs I mentioned happened to be large dogs capable of killing.

Now I didn't mention german sheppards, they happen to be useful (unlike pitbulls which are useless for anything other than killing things). Though german sheppards are large dogs capable of killing.

I just get tired of people talking how dogs kill lots of people. I have never heard of a poodle killing anyone. or a chihuaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
        yes, because those 3 breeds of dogs I mentioned happened to be large dogs capable of killing.
        How does this in any way answer any question posed to you? "Because" what?

You did note the part where it was shown that 36 breeds of dogs have killed people, yes?

Now I didn't mention german sheppards, they happen to be useful (unlike pitbulls which are useless for anything other than killing things). Though german sheppards are large dogs capable of killing.
        Yes, and they have killed people.

I just get tired of people talking how dogs kill lots of people. I have never heard of a poodle killing anyone. or a chihuaha.
        And I've never heard of any housecat killing anyone. I frankly get tired of people dissing cats for one reason or another. If you assert something dumb like "cats are evil," and try to paint them as dangerous in some way, expect to get facts about dogs killing people as a response.

Seperating the breeds of dogs that kill people out from those that don't doesn't work, because said breeds are quite popular (and legal) as pets. Excluding them from an argument over how dangerous certain pets are doesn't make any sense at all.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• because I don't like people getting on me because I own a dog. They act like I own a lethal weapon. There are many people who say people shouldn't own dogs because they could hurt people. I do not own a dog capable of hurting people.

And there are many people who claim it is inhumane to keep dogs as pets.

just because I own a dog, doesn't mean I keep a dangerous weapon around.

Comment

• Yeah, but nobody has said anything of the kind in this thread.

And that certainly is not a mainstream position--considering the number of dog owners in this country, I think it's safe to say that a huge majority approves of having dogs as pets. So why worry about what a few fringe folks think?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I didnt bother reading all of the thread, this last page has people quoting people from the front page, so I doubt I have missed much

Train your dog right and youve got nothing to worry about. Unfortunetly there are plenty of people who wont train them right, and regardless of the breed if you train them wrong they are going to be trouble.

I dont know the way around it, I dont think mandatory training would even work, because so much of the training needs to happen at home.
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Originally posted by Snotty
                I didnt bother reading all of the thread, this last page has people quoting people from the front page, so I doubt I have missed much

Train your dog right and youve got nothing to worry about. Unfortunetly there are plenty of people who wont train them right, and regardless of the breed if you train them wrong they are going to be trouble.

I dont know the way around it, I dont think mandatory training would even work, because so much of the training needs to happen at home.
                This is what I was trying to say before..
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• unfortunately we are at the mercy of irresponsible people at times.

Comment

• I have read the whole thread. I like both cats and dogs equally. I agree that there are more dog attacks then cats and the one stated in the article is not based solely on a cat. But I for the life of me cant see a reason that a person can hate cats. The term is personal preferance comes to mind here. But the arguing is about cats attacking people. Well as some of this is true its not about regular house cats. Lions and tigers sure. But if ur stupid enough to own one of these then so be it. The owners of the dogs trained to kill are the ones that need to be shot as are the irresponsible gun holders that leave a loaded weapon with the saftey off in an acesible area.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• can cats do this?

I really don't have anything against cats. They are soft, and nice to pet (when the A-holes let you ). But I hate when visiting peopel with cats, they tend to want to claw you. Annoying.

wow, I did not know this.
                      Averaging about 100 miles a day, dogs eat an astounding 10,000 calories a day.
                      and lets not even go into how useful dogs are for the disabled.

For first-time Iditarod musher Rachael Scdoris, who is legally blind, her dogs aren't just her muscle, they are her eyes. Scdoris relies on 7-year old Duchess to lead the team.

Comment

• this is one tired dog. some claim the races are animal cruelty. And it is sad to note that 1 dog as died each year for the past 3 years . Personally I would be happy if this was not a competition, just an event where making the top time isn't important.

Comment

this is one tired dog.

Soooo cute tho... I wish I had one as a pet...
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

can cats do this?

I really don't have anything against cats. They are soft, and nice to pet (when the A-holes let you ). But I hate when visiting peopel with cats, they tend to want to claw you. Annoying.

wow, I did not know this.

and lets not even go into how useful dogs are for the disabled.
                            No cats cant do that not regualr house cats anyway. Some people keep the cats to eat the bugs and kill snakes, dogs dont do that.
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I voted other. Crocs, snakes and spiders are surely far more dangerous than cats - even the big cats like lions, tigers etc.

I also don't see how you could eradicate them. There's 70 million of them wild in Australia alone...

... and of course, getting rid of the domesticated ones means you have to coerce the owner into accepting it.

Last edited by Cruddy; March 17, 2005, 13:54.
                              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

can cats do this?

Cats would have humans doing the pulling.

They're clever that way....
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X