No announcement yet.

Europe's incomes outpaced the rest of the west in 1990-2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stating where the EU economy is headed down now. Unlike you, I'm not using out-of-date statistics.. the EU is in big trouble and you know it.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

how about you do what dick cheney said, and go **** yourself?
      look at him squirm
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

this thread is a fine example of fezzing
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

look at him squirm
          Maybe you should think before you speak, because you can look highly retarded when you say stupid things. People can't PWN me, that's against the laws of nature.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

People can't PWN me, that's against the laws of nature.
            sometimes I think Fez is really Markos trying to amuse members of this site. Thank you, Markos great marketing
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

oh shut up, saras.. do you have some brain malfunction?

Comment

Something I saved in my notepad, it's from an earlier economics debate (can you say Deja Vu?)

"I guess you think I am an idiot." - Fez
                "It's hard to ignore the evidence you keep providing to support this hypothesis." - el freako
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

No I intentionally trashed this thread because I'm sick of the disinformation coming from el ****o. And he's funny.. he conveniently stops at 2002.. and says nothing about the years after that.

Comment

oh shut up, saras.. do you have some brain malfunction?
                    Well at least I have a brain

Comment

I'm stating where the EU economy is headed down now. Unlike you, I'm not using out-of-date statistics.. the EU is in big trouble and you know it.
                      he conveniently stops at 2002.. and says nothing about the years after that.
                      The 2002 PPPs are, as I stated, the most up-to-date figures available, we will have to wait for the 2005 PPPs to be released in late 2007/early 2008 for us to know for sure won't we?

But remember that the reported growth rates for the EU15 were 1% a year slower than those reported for the US during 1990-2002, whereas this data shows that their incomes rose at the same rate.

Obviously something is screwy, as the US has changed the way it calculates inflation (and thus reported growth) whereas most other nations have not I think that the reported growth figures are more suspect that the PPP ones (it is also interesting to note that the difference is smallest with those two nations, France and Australia, that hace also changed towards the US system).
                      19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Well at least I have a brain
                        I have a brain but no brain malfunction like you, dip****.

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

Obviously something is screwy, as the US has changed the way it calculates inflation (and thus reported growth) whereas most other nations have not I think that the reported growth figures are more suspect that the PPP ones (it is also interesting to note that the difference is smallest with those two nations, France and Australia, that hace also changed towards the US system).
                          BAM! France is ****ed up and so is Germany. Their economies are in the gutter. Just accept that.

Comment

BAM! France is ****ed up and so is Germany. Their economies are in the gutter. Just accept that.
                            I have posted facts proving otherwise (although France and Germany certainly have not performed as well as the EU15)

Why should I ignore the facts just based on your opinon?

If you have any data that proves your point feel free to do so and I will comment on that.
                            19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Must be hard having Europe envy as bad as Fez does.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I have a brain but no brain malfunction like you, dip****.
                                Why don't you get a clue?

Comment

Working...
                                X