Peppah Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppah Sauce

What's your favorite commercial brand of pepper sauce?

What's your favorate pepper sauce?

What's the hottest pepper sauce you've ever tried?

How did you feel afterwards?

For me, my favorite commerical pepper sauce is Louisianna Red Hot, though Texas Pete's is a close second.

My favorate peppers sauce was one I found at a place called Tiajuana Flats. It was a garlic habañero sauce, called Asbirin, IIRC.

I don't remember the name of the hottest pepper sauce I ever tried. It was in a pepper sauce shop in St. Augsutine. I put a drop on a tooth pick, touched it to my tounge, and was like, "Mmmm, peppah sauce . . . oh my, this is a little warm. Uhm, omg, this is, gimme some water, **** the water, I need ice cream, NOW!!!!!!! Oh god, oh god, oh god!" My face turned red and I was sweating like a fiend for the next half an hour. From one drop. I think it might have been Dave's Insanity Sauce.

So?

P.S. A question. Does pepper sauce need to be rerifdgerated after opening?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Dave's is too much bite. Pepper sauce is suppose to have SOME flavor.

I use plain old tobasco or Tapatio most of the time, but I have about 4 or 5 different kinds in my fridge at all times. The one I am working my way through is Rick Bayless' Tangy Toasted Arbol from his Frontera restaurant. I also have one from Gladys' on St. Thomas that is rather sweet, made from banana peppers that is really good.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

P.S. A question. Does pepper sauce need to be rerifdgerated after opening?
      Apparently not, but I still do.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I've had insanity sauce and my experience is the same as yours. Ring of Fire isn't much better.

I'm with Japher that the pepper sauce is supposed to add flavor to meals and the super hot spaces have no flavor and just burn. Tapatio is one of my favorites since it has lots of flavor and a decent amount of heat.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tapatio is the one all the Mexicans around here use... I think that says something for it's authenticity, or maybe it's just because it's cheap.

Wifey hates spicey foods and pepper sauces, which funny because she makes enchilada sauce from scratch and that is pretty much pepper sauce! I think she, like many ppl, think pepper sauce and hot sauce are the same thing. Hot suace is something pass tobasco that only adds heat to a dish (like Dave's and tobasco if used too much). Pepper sauce is suppose to add a little kick and a sweet peppery taste that is more of an after taste than something that over powers the dish.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Well, after some "training" I was later able to consume Dave's Insanity Sauce. Tijuana Flats also sells what's know as a death pack, five or six of the world's hottest sauces. I got it for my dad a couple years ago. I tried one of them, just a drop on a shrimp was quite pleasant, but more than one was painful.

The really hot suaces are not condiments, but food additives. Put a drop or two in your sauces to kick it up a notch, as Emril might say.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

There's a brewery in Davis that would put Dave's on their chicken wings if you asked. I went in with a stonner friend of mine who asked them to make them as hot as they possibly can. The manager came out, asked him a few questions about his medical history, and then allowed the cooks to have their fun. The whole kitchen came out to watch him eat one. I swear, before the chicken even hit his mouth his tongue was on fire! Everyone laughed.

It took the whole afternoon for us to polish them off.

Even one of my Indian friends won't touch the stuff.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Flying Goose brand chili sauce. After half an hour searching between the Thai and Vietnamese import labels, I was able to find the English translation of the name.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

and I thought this would be about pepper spray. I keep some in my pickup. I would never dare keep my gun in there, I would go to jail for the rest of my life for using it.

as for pepper sauce, I'm using some generic brand hot sauce. When they are so hot, you can't actually notice any difference in taste anyways. And this is hot, much hotter than taco bell fire sauce (but not painfully hot- I'm not that much of a masochist).

Comment

Taco Bell Fire Sauce is for children. That stuff couldn't even melt butter.

Comment

What's your favorite commercial brand of pepper sauce?

Cholula! Pretty spicy, but the flavor is the best part.

Cholula stands for authentic Mexican cuisine, heritage, and culture. We value sharing our rich history and have a deep respect and passion for great food and flavor.

(Louisiana Hot Sauce is also good )

What's your favorate pepper sauce?

I may have to say Cholula again, but Sriracha (you know the stuff you get in Thai restaurants and the like ) and Melinda's Hot Sauce are pretty damned good as well.

What's the hottest pepper sauce you've ever tried?

Something called Mad Dog 357. It was hotter than Dave's Temporary Insanity Sauce (haven't had Dave's Insanity).

Oh, and the BEST WINGS, I've ever had were at a chain called "Bahama Breeze" who makes Habenero Wings... mmmmm, so good.

Btw, che, Miller's Ale House, which is mostly based in Florida (but has an Atlanta location) has some great wings as well .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I put Tobasco on everything... eggs, soups, burgers, whatever.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

The police should start using Dave's Insanity sauce as a riot control agent. Just spash or spray some on the rioters and the intense pepper fumes will effect them like a can of pepper spray. Imagine getting some of that stuff in your eye.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I keep it simple with the tried and true tobasco. Those other brands just don't have it. Maybe it's because they don't have the vinegar in there.

I agree with BustaMike, OMG tobasco on eggs is one the best things in the history of mankind.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Tobasco ain't as good as others. Some of their newer flavors are tasty (like the Chipotle one and the Habenero one), but it's been bested.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X