Peppah Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    Like what, Cholula? Sorry, newer. Louisiana Hot Sauce. Sorry, newer.

Vinegar is what gives it the edge, son.
    Sorry, tobasco is really not that good. It's like the Budweiser of pepper sauces. Too vinegary, it overwhelms the pepper flavor.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It's a chain. Their wings used to be bigger, but they recently switched to a smaller wing. There was one right outside my apartment complex in Jacksonville, so the Bunnygrrl and I used to go there quite frequently. Not a bad beer selection, exceleent cheese stix, and a networked triva game that was a lot of fun to play. Bunnygrrl got addicted.
      Don't try the hottest sause they have if you want to live.

$0.50 Leg days:

Comment

Re: Peppah Sauce

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

P.S. A question. Does pepper sauce need to be rerifdgerated after opening?
        Some do, some don't -- it depends on a number of factors, including acidity and sugar content.

Thanks to USDA regs, if the bottle doesn't say refrigerate, you don't have too.

I don't really have a favorite.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's like the Budweiser of pepper sauces. Too vinegary, it overwhelms the pepper flavor.

Yep... exactly, do you want pepper sauce or vinegar sauce.. but Ted is the type of person who would like Budweiser .

Btw, ever been to Miller's Ale House, the restaurant I referenced earlier?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah right! Ted doesn't drink beer.

You can't even appreciate good Chicken Karahi!

You guys are just trying too hard to be different.

Like I said, imitators!
            Last edited by Ted Striker; February 28, 2005, 02:02.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You think Tobasco is the best pepper sauce... you lose .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yep, it is the best.

This reminds me of when people start talking about hot wings. Everyone is just trying to top each other, making up stories about some shack they went to out in the middle of nowhere.

"No, no MY hot wings place was the hottest ever!!!"

Some dude even told me he had to sign a legal waiver at this place he went to because the wings were so hot.

Ridiculous.

By the way, Cholula is the real Busweiser of hot sauce, considering you can find it at any IHOP restuarant.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You have to sign a waver to buy the death pack at Tijuana Flats.

Odin, I've had their hottest sauce. Yeah, it was way too much for me. I generally just get "hot" though the "garlic" was really good.

When I was a waiter, back in the 80s, I used to wait at a place called Dick's Last Resort. I used to bet customers $5 I could drink shots of tobasco. Easy money.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Some dude even told me he had to sign a legal waiver at this place he went to because the wings were so hot.

Ridiculous.

I wonder how wrong you have to be before you give up. YES, there are places that make you do this. I haven't, because well, I don't want to deal with the aftermath of super-ultra hot wings.

By the way, Cholula is the real Busweiser of hot sauce, considering you can find it at any IHOP restuarant.

Cholula is far less found in the US than Tobasco, and Cholula is FAAAR better. It ain't vinegar drowned crap.

Comment

No it's not. It's everywhere. You are just being lured in by the wood cap and label that tries to hard to make it look old and ethnic. And even if it wasn't it's still widespread to be mainstream along the lines of Bud.

Tabasco ingredients: Vinegar, Red peppers, salt

Cholula ingredients: VINEGAR, Red peppers, piquin peppers, salt, spices, edible food stabilizers

So first of all it's main ingredient is vinegar, secondly any REAL food doesn't need a stabilizer

Comment

So first of all it's main ingredient is vinegar, secondly any REAL food doesn't need a stabilizer

Main ingredient being vinegar and being drowned in vinegar are two different things. Maybe you aren't hitting it enough and your brain has stopped working .

And if the stablilizers make it taste that good, bring it on... and maybe Tobasco needs some of that to make it taste better .

Comment

Since Tass uses Tobasco, I win again!

HAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Main ingredient being vinegar and being drowned in vinegar are two different things. Maybe you aren't hitting it enough and your brain has stopped working .

And if the stablilizers make it taste that good, bring it on... and maybe Tobasco needs some of that to make it taste better .
                            Main ingredient being vinegar and being drowned in vinegar is pretty much the same thing.

You probably enjoy foods with hyrogentated oils in them.

Comment

Main ingredient being vinegar and being drowned in vinegar is pretty much the same thing.

And Ted loses AGAIN! He can't tell between a main ingredient and a main ingredient that overwhelms the other flavors.

Imran - 3, Ted Striker - 0

Comment

Main ingredient = base of the product = what it's going to taste like = everything else added in augments the overhwhelming base

duh

Comment

Working...
                                X