Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is geting interesting
    Boy admits telling two stories about Jackson's alleged molestations

SANTA MARIA, Calif. — A boy who claims he twice saw Michael Jackson molesting his brother in the singer's bed admitted Tuesday that he perjured himself in the past and gave conflicting accounts of the alleged molestation.

"I don't want to mix you up. I'm just trying to find out the truth, if I can," lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. told the witness, now 14, after getting the boy to admit to past lies.

Mesereau is trying to prove to jurors in Jackson's molestation and conspiracy trial that the accuser and his siblings were manipulated by their mother in order to set up a civil molestation lawsuit similar to one Jackson reportedly settled with another family for $20 million in 1993.

In fact, the accuser's brother in the current case, who is identified as "James Doe" in court papers, admitted that he and his family had met with Larry Feldman, a lawyer who represented the accuser in the 1993 case.

Going over James' testimony almost line by line, Mesereau tried to poke holes in his claim that Jackson masturbated while fondling "John Doe" twice when he was 13 years old.

James told jurors Monday that he walked up a flight of stairs and was able to see the alleged acts, both times while his brother slept, from behind a banister.

On cross-examination, James testified that on both occasions he heard an "electric bell" go off when he entered a hallway at the bottom of the staircase, which he took to mean that Jackson wanted to be alerted when someone approached his bedroom.

Mesereau expressed incredulity that Jackson would be caught twice molesting a boy in his bedroom when alarms were supposedly sounding.

Mesereau also challenged James on his testimony Monday that a photograph of adult-oriented magazines found in a suitcase in Jackson's home were the same magazines that James claims were shown to him by Michael Jackson during bizarre sleepover parties the singer had with boys at his Neverland Ranch.

Shown the picture again on Tuesday, James confirmed that the photograph in evidence depicted what he saw: a young blond woman exposing her breasts on the cover of a magazine entitled "Barely Legal."

Mesereau noted that the date on the magazine in the photo was August 2003, at least five months after James and his family stopped visiting Neverland Ranch.

"I said he showed us 'Barely Legal.' I didn't say he showed us that exact one," James said.

The bulk of the cross-examination so far has centered on a civil lawsuit the accuser's family filed against JCPenney over alleged abuse they suffered at the hands of store security personnel in a parking lot.

James testified that he did not remember much about the suit, although he acknowledged being represented by a lawyer when he gave a sworn deposition in 2000, the same year he met Jackson.

"I don't remember," James said in response to several questions.

"Did someone tell you to say 'I don't remember' in response to my questions?" Mesereau asked.

"No," James said. "If I don't remember, I don't remember."

James did not remember saying in the deposition that his father never fought with his mother, and that his father never hit him.

"Is that true?" Mesereau asked.

James said it was not.

"Did someone tell you to lie in that deposition?" Mesereau asked.

"I don't remember," James said. "It happened a long time ago."

Perhaps most important for the defense was James' acknowledgement that he told different accounts about the molestation he claims he witnessed when speaking to investigators and a grand jury.

On one occasion, he said his brother was wearing pajamas. Another time, he said he was wearing just his underwear. James also said at one point that Jackson had his hand in his brother's underwear; another time, he said he was touching the boy on the outside of his underwear.

Testimony is set to resume Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. ET.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• "I don't remember," James said. "It happened a long time ago."
      case dismissed!

and sue the mom for something...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• Oh my f4$$ing god, It's Monica Lewinsky!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I'd rather wait for the jury on this one... not apolytoner speculators.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Lay off the ad hominems.
            Can I put that in my sig?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel

Oh my f4$$ing god, It's Monica Lewinsky!

Well it looks like this case is going to fall flat on it's face...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Looks as though the case might fall short to kids admited to lying the mother already a known liarAnd I agree with somebody else in here I wish mj would just go away too. And I yes I was one of those people that think oj didnt commmit those murders. But before I get shot at hear me out I didnt say he couldnt have ordered them by a pro but I dont think he did them himself.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• *Diss puts flaming gun away*

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                    *Diss puts flaming gun away*
                    I worked a ten hour shift today im to tired to duck and run
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                      Looks as though the case might fall short to kids admited to lying the mother already a known liarAnd I agree with somebody else in here I wish mj would just go away too. And I yes I was one of those people that think oj didnt commmit those murders. But before I get shot at hear me out I didnt say he couldnt have ordered them by a pro but I dont think he did them himself.
                      Because you say that about OJ I must truly laugh at you..
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• yeah I agree with Giancarlo...

HIS DNA WAS AT THE SCENE, Mrs Tubes...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• you can laugh if you want. It just happens to be my opinion. On a different but same topic I did think scott peterson was gulity

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                            yeah I agree with Giancarlo...

HIS DNA WAS AT THE SCENE, Mrs Tubes...
                            His DNA aka blood was also found to have the perservative that is stored in the blood collection viles. There wasnt one clean strain of his dna found.

Comment

• Looks to me like Michael Jackson will get off but I hope child protection authorities will be able to put some heavy restrictions around his contact with kids - like not being allowed to let children, other than his own, sleep in his bed.

If he is a paedophile he falls into the most dangerous category - those who truly believe they are not harming kids.

If the Michael Jackson freak show never happened and you made a movie with the storyline of his life, noone would believe you. I just find him so bizarre and frightening. I think he's mentally ill, particularly the way he's basically disfigured himself with cosmetic surgery. The turning white part is just chilling.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I dont think they can put any ristrictions on him if he is found not guilty. But it would be nice, and if the freak is smart he keeps his self out of that situation

Comment

Working...
                                X