X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    I blame Kang and Kodos.
    Also my first thought
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
      find the video!
      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

It's even funnier seeing the video! All I could think of is Monty Python's Holy Grail with the "Run Away! Run Away!"

The best part was when the police officers hurried to get in their police car and drive away!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I love the BBC's link for the clip

"See the police run away from the scene"
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

What is wrong with Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              I love the BBC's link for the clip

"See the police run away from the scene"
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

BBC Article with Video
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I say the Japanese officers should commit Seppukku to make up for their loss of face.
                  ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                  Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

actually I think police could do more to avoid these situations.

Police tend to "provoke" people by confronting them. If the guy is by himself, he is no threat to anyone. Just leave him alone, he'll calm down. I can understand if there is family or hostages near him, then you have to confront him.
                    I tend to agree. Each case is different, but I think more than half of police shootings could be avoided, around here anyway. I've seen guys carrying knives (so drunk that I'm positive that I could disarm them) gunned down by the cops, shot many times with no chance of not bleeding out. And the cops never get in trouble for it, and never seem to react to whatever outcry comes of it.

The police here in the states need to get serious about their martial arts training. It's that simple. They can go ahead and bag their frickin' pepper spray, it should only be used for riots. Tasers are great at taking down and torturing people, but they have be somewhat cooperative in order for the taser to be deployed. Martial arts training would end the vast majority of these drunks getting shot to pieces because they have a knife, and decrease the general levels of violence because the police would be calmer when facing troubled people. If it does get violent though, the outcomes are much less likely to be mortal.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

loving that video
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                        Tasers are great at taking down and torturing people, but they have be somewhat cooperative in order for the taser to be deployed.
                        How so (and I'm not talking about the torture part. That's a ridiculous argument as any weapon could be used for torture)? A TASER is just as easily deployed as a hand gun, and I'm pretty sure that most people would want to be tased as oposed to shot (the exception being those that choose to commit suicide by cop).

And for your information, yes, I have been tased.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

tasers are a torture weapon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was watching history channel's special on torture devices the other day .

The good thing about tasers is they don't leave permanent scars.

Comment

Originally posted by Thucydides
                            I say the Japanese officers should commit Seppukku to make up for their loss of face.
                            Actually, and I seem to be the only to observe this - it should be quite weird that the prime minister in a country of 120 million people gets upset over something this insignificant.

It means to me that it is not insignificant. Japanese should chill out.

Comment

actually I think police could do more to avoid these situations.

Police tend to "provoke" people by confronting them. If the guy is by himself, he is no threat to anyone. Just leave him alone, he'll calm down. I can understand if there is family or hostages near him, then you have to confront him.

but when the guy/girl kills someone one hour later everyone will say the police should have done more...i am not promoting police violonce but a drunk guy with a knife is probably more deadly than a sober guy with a knive...and if the cop thinks he is in danger he should act a accordingly...if i have to choose between a dead cop or a beat up/death suspect i will go for the later one

EDIT: /-thingy
                              Bunnies!
                              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

I've seen guys carrying knives (so drunk that I'm positive that I could disarm them) gunned down by the cops, shot many times with no chance of not bleeding out. And the cops never get in trouble for it, and never seem to react to whatever outcry comes of it.

The police here in the states need to get serious about their martial arts training. It's that simple. They can go ahead and bag their frickin' pepper spray, it should only be used for riots. Tasers are great at taking down and torturing people, but they have be somewhat cooperative in order for the taser to be deployed. Martial arts training would end the vast majority of these drunks getting shot to pieces because they have a knife, and decrease the general levels of violence because the police would be calmer when facing troubled people. If it does get violent though, the outcomes are much less likely to be mortal.
                                I'm not too broken up by drunks who carry knives and then get their ass shot because they think they are a badass. It's those same people who pull the knives on everyone else when they get drunk and think they are the **** because they have a knife. Just because they are drunk doesn't mean they are harmless and it doesn't excuse them. Yes cops shouldnt use deadly force then they dont have to but when a muther****er pulls a knive he better damn well know that he is gonna get called on it.
                                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                                X