In America People run from the cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In America People run from the cops

In the U.S. people from time to time run from the police. In England cops may run from people with guns but in Japan....

Police gaffe irks Japanese leader
    Japan's police force was exposed to ridicule when morning TV viewers saw a man chasing away two officers.

Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi called the incident "embarrassing" and ordered a review of police training.

Television footage showed the officers approaching a car that had ploughed into a building in Tokyo.

They were then seen running away when the driver began pursuing them, brandishing what appeared to be a club.

"I couldn't believe it when the police officers fled instead of trying to seize the suspect when he came at them," said Mr Koizumi.

The incident, which happened in Tokyo's Daiba district, was broadcast by Fuji Television Network on its morning news bulletin.

The prime minister has told Japan's public security chief to tighten up police training to prevent a repeat incident.

"When the culprit came towards them, they didn't try to restrain him but ran away," he said. "I was surprised and amazed when I saw this.

"Many people must have viewed the incident on TV. I told the National Public Safety Commission chief to take steps so police are trained and prepared."
    emphasis mine

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    When the stars threw down their spears,
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

thats just sad

Comment

I blame America. We destroyed their sense of dignity during WW2.

Comment

Clearly it's Bush's fault.

Comment

The police acted in an appropriate manner.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

OH NO, A CRIMINAL! RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                    Remember, A federally funded army police force is like Nazi Germany!!11
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Here the cops would shot him dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                        Here the cops would shot him dead.
                        And afterwards the "club" would have been discovered to be nothing more than a simple child's plastic baseball bat. A bright yellow child's plastic baseball bat...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Don't act so high and mighty!

We have no idea of the size of this club, the existence/dirtiness of any possible nails, etc........

Perhaps Japan will start exporting these fearsome clubs to criminals around the world?! Huh? What then tough guys?!
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Well, the appropriate behavior for them would have been to run away and call the police
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                              Don't act so high and mighty!

We have no idea of the size of this club, the existence/dirtiness of any possible nails, etc........

Perhaps Japan will start exporting these fearsome clubs to criminals around the world?! Huh? What then tough guys?!
                              Such is the nature of an arms race: Man find club, another man finds a bigger club, the first man finds a club with a nail in it, the second man finds a bigger club with a nail in it, the first man makes a bigger club with a bigger nail in it and so on until one of them makes a big enough club with a big enough nail in it to DESTROY THE WORLD11!!1!!11!!!!!111
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X