X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Hi Davout

How are you doing?
    Fine indeed; that results from my health which has improved enough to make my return to my home authorized after a 70 days absence, but also from the summary of the bills relating to all my stays in hospital since january 2004 (130 days). The total amount that I have personnally to pay is around 2000€ covering only the food. All other expenses which amount to more than 100000€ were charged to the Social Security. It is with a great satisfaction that I call my friends and thank them for spending such a fortune for me.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

The British "no constitution" works extremely well.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
        Fine indeed; that results from my health which has improved enough to make my return to my home authorized after a 70 days absence, but also from the summary of the bills relating to all my stays in hospital since january 2004 (130 days). The total amount that I have personnally to pay is around 2000€ covering only the food. All other expenses which amount to more than 100000€ were charged to the Social Security. It is with a great satisfaction that I call my friends and thank them for spending such a fortune for me.
        I'm glad if what I paid to Social Security went to heal you
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I'm glad if what I paid to Social Security went to heal you
          Fraternity is still at work in our beautiful country
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

What about the problem that they are pitiful in terms of maths?
            Article I-26 paragraph 6 a)
            (I read it in French so it's not exactly written that way in English
            The total number of mandates taken by 2 countries can never be superior to 1.
            This is "as a consequence", but is totally stupid. Suppose every country has had 3 or 4 mandates in the commission and the EU wants to get a new member. This member should immediately get 3 mandates in order to get the good number. This effectively means that extending the EU would require a rewriting of a mathematically unsound part of the text.

I haven't read everything yet but it is a very self-referencing text, which makes it quite hard to understand as it spends more time talking about how it doesn't contradict itself than actually saying things useful.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Davout healthy and well and posting again
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                The problem with it is that they are writing into it things which should be laws, not articles of a contstitution. Constitutions need to be light and flexible, or they break with the strain. If this will be your constitution, then the CIA is right, the EU will be breaking up in 20 years.
                Yes, that is one huge problem. The other is with a 200+ page Constitution how many of the regular people in the countries will READ the whole thing, not to mention understand it? The only people who'll know what the Constitution says will be the politicians and law school professors! A Constitution should not have the effect of being reserved for a few.

Too bloated. A lot of those things can simply be directives.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Yes, that is one huge problem. The other is with a 200+ page Constitution how many of the regular people in the countries will READ the whole thing
                  Let's start by the beginning. Who'll bother to merely read the principles? Especially when many principles (not all though) are scattered in a pile of details?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Yes, no one asked me how this constitution should come up. It's racist by its foundation and I will not support such thing as long as I live, unless some considerable changes are made first.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

They won't. The bargaining phase is over. Now the States have to accept or reject the text as it is. And of course, your parliamentarians will accept it without questions.

I suggest you to keep tabs on the politicians who vote against the constitution, and on those who rant about the lack of a referendum. Among them, you might find people who think like you

Comment

People who are smart think like me. Idealist utopist EURONITES think like you. You want good, but you are unable to predict the future. You're very much like CIA. Cool badges and ****ed up history.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I like it when my well-meaning advice is welcomed like that.

As we say over here: "Help a donkey, and it'll give you turds"

Comment

Yes well it was double edged. It meant either to go and help your view to be supported, gain some weight to that and stop these evil constitution mongerers.

OR

It could have meant that you are mongostupid and you belong to be in company of mongostupid.

I chose the latter one because you have shown overwhelming racism against me in the past so I was in the right to choose the latter one. But since the case seems now that you meant the first one, well, I won't apologize but I understand what you meant.
                            In da butt.

Comment

When Supercitizen goes up against Teh Spiffor, the Supercitizen will always lose.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh look, another crying commie coming to state his 'facts' with a terrorist avatar... Yaksemash!
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X