How many times per day do you pray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times per day do you pray?

I don't mean any big conversation with God. I mean things like blessings for the food, thanksgiving (thanks for the fact no one got hurt in that accident), help (please help me past this test)

stuff like that (can include forgiveness as well, you can see the difference though right?)

Jon Miller
    22.64%
    .1 most weeks you pray
    4.72%
    .5 most days you pray
    3.77%
    1 pretty much pray every day
    3.77%
    2.83%
    2.83%
    1.89%
    16+
    0.94%
    athiest/agnostic/don't believe in prayer
    56.60%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

what about .2 or .3?

Comment

It'll need a prayer to stop 'zero' winning this poll on Apolyton.

Comment

I'm curious about people who vote the first option.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          I'm curious about people who vote the first option.
          er....me I never pray so I put zero.

Why should i pick the last option and put myself in a fundies pidgeonhole?

Comment

I said 4, but it is probably more like 8

I always pray for God to bless the food (and there are multiple meals...)

generally pray for forgivness at least once a day

and usually there are others as well..

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

prayer is proof there isn't intelligent life on this planet...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

basically 0 is you might/have pray(ed), but it is well below .1 a day (like once a year forexample)

the last option is you would never even think of praying...

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  prayer is proof there isn't intelligent life on this planet...
                  Whats the quote? Something like 'religion is a mild form of mental illness'. Good quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    basically 0 is you might/have pray(ed), but it is well below .1 a day (like once a year forexample)

the last option is you would never even think of praying...

Jon Miller
                    Then I need to change my vote, call a mod!!!!!

Comment

Last option. It would never cross my mind.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

My time here is too short to be wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                          My time here is too short to be wasted.
                          Says someone posting in the 'Poly OTF.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: How many times per day do you pray?

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            I don't mean any big conversation with God. I mean things like blessings for the food, thanksgiving (thanks for the fact no one got hurt in that accident), help (please help me past this test)

stuff like that (can include forgiveness as well, you can see the difference though right?)

Jon Miller

Well I SHOULD be praying 3 times a day, plus before and after each meal, plus on awakening, on going to bed, and on several other occasions, not counting spontaneous prayers.

In fact, its much less than that. I pray every saturday in synagogue. Occasionally I join the mincha minyan - the saturday afternoon prayers - usually only if im roped in to make the prayer quorom. And every friday night - even if i dont go to shul, I say prayers over wine and bread. And sometimes remember to say grace after meals. I rarely attend a daily service, though I sometime attend the shul morning service on Sunday when I bring POTM to religious school. I rarely say the prescribed daily prayers at home. Other than on Friday and Saturday, i usually dont say the meal related prayers, but sometimes do. Oh, and we often say Havdalah, the prayers that end shabbat - its one of our lovelier rituals.

And yes, i sometime pray spontaneously, but my unorthodox theology complicates that somewhat.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Load of old claptrap. No prayer here, surprisingly...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X