No announcement yet.

Japanese Sex Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the article is a bit crap, to the news. Can't really expect any better from the NYT...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Japanese view of sex is just very different from that in most Western countries. I've heard it described as just another necessary bodily function. Heck, they even had a TV show where 3 guys competed in an ejaculation marathon.
      The US is a good runner up on perverted views on sex. We either go all-out like Japan or it is the Untouched Subject, neither of which is a healthy attitude towards it.

What huh? America might be the least truly racist country in the world, simply due to have so many different ethnic groups neck to neck for such a long time.
      Unless you're darker than a lemon, then you're in trouble.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
        Unless you're darker than a lemon, then you're in trouble.
        I didn't say NO racism. I said the LEAST problems with racism.

Consider that George Bush, a conservative, is at least trying to loosen immigration law at the moment (a laudable goal, even if I think his plans leave a lot to be desired) while Europe is busy trying to turn the clock back to some 1930's esque "quota" scheme that only allows in X people per country (and surprise, surprise, when the countries that we allow the fewest from also contain darkies!). And Japan? Good luck attempting to immigrate there, if you don't marry a Japanese person.

Anyway, the point is, it's easy to claim not to be racist in a vaccum. The best solution to racism is massive intermixing & interaction, not isolation.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Japanese are seriously racist.
          A friend of mine when to Japan. On a number of occasions he was refused business - once at a corner store - without given a reason for it. So yes, many Japanese are serious racist - and sexist.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Least problems with racism? I don't know about that. It always surprises me when I think about how recent segregation was removed in some parts of the country. It wasn't until the 90s that a majority of blacks felt like they weren't being discriminated against.

All this said, there's quite a lot more opportunity for harm due to racism here.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

You'd demand payment, mindseye ?
              Depends on the customer.
              Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                The Japanese view of sex is just very different from that in most Western countries. I've heard it described as just another necessary bodily function. Heck, they even had a TV show where 3 guys competed in an ejaculation marathon.
                So true. A friend who lived in Japan summed it up with the image of a Japanese wife carefully packing some condoms in her husband's suitcase before he leaves for a business trip.

Things like masturbation bars seem to be uniquely Japanese.

I saw a clip on the internet of what apeared to be a typical daytime women's talk show a la Sally Jessie Raphael. Women from the audience were playing stone/paper/scissor to see which three would get to have sex with three Japanese Chippendale-types.

The winners had full-on intercourse on the stage, with a hushed audience carefully observing every moment.

I wondered if this kind of program was on normal broadcast televsion or cable or ... does it make any difference in a ultra-wired society like Japan's?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire

America might be the least truly racist country in the world, simply due to have so many different ethnic groups neck to neck for such a long time. It's just that when we are racist, it's more obvious. Countries where one group is in the vast majority (like Japan, or Europe circa 1850) tend to have far worse problems with racism, even if they don't surface as often simply due to lack of contact.
                  I think that's very true, especially the last sentence.

Reminds me of a certain country where I live ...

Many Chinese believe that the US has terrible racism problems. But if I ask my students ...

"Is there racism in China?"

"Oh, no, there's no racism in China!".

"Would your parents let you marry a black Canadian? An Indian? A Japanese? A Thai? Even if they were well-educated and wealthy? How about a dark-skinned Chinese person from the countryside? "

Most common response: "No way!"

At these moments I can't help but recall my American family, which includes two interracial marriages (white-black, white-latino), and dear old Mom still hoping I can someday add an Asian to the mix.

In fairness, I have to add the standard rejoinder that, like almost all things Chinese, attitudes are changing quickly, and there are indeed a small but growing number of interracial marriages in Chinese cities, sometimes even including blacks and (gasp) Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
                    But if I ask my students ...
                    If? Did you actually ask them these questions or is it entirely a hyothetical scenario?

In fairness, I have to add the standard rejoinder that, like almost all things Chinese, attitudes are changing quickly, and there are indeed a small but growing number of interracial marriages in Chinese cities, sometimes even including blacks and (gasp) Japanese.
                    A lot of Japanese women married Chinese at the end of WWII, esp in Manchurian cities. A lot of them were left behind when the IJA fled in haste.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I saw a clip on the internet of what apeared to be a typical daytime women's talk show a la Sally Jessie Raphael. Women from the audience were playing stone/paper/scissor to see which three would get to have sex with three Japanese Chippendale-types.

The winners had full-on intercourse on the stage, with a hushed audience carefully observing every moment.

I wondered if this kind of program was on normal broadcast televsion or cable or ... does it make any difference in a ultra-wired society like Japan's?

I seriously doubt this was real...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        It's not the sex that's the problem. It's the slavery. A friend of mine married a Japanese man. She's Amerasian, Filipina-American. While she was with a group of Japanese women, the Japanese began talking about how Filipinas are all prostitutes. Japanese are seriously racist.
                        Using one incident to generalize about an entire race, what does that make you?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

A friend of mine when to Japan. On a number of occasions he was refused business - once at a corner store - without given a reason for it. So yes, many Japanese are serious racist - and sexist.
                          I've been refused a lot of things by a lot of people here in China without explanation. By your logic that makes many Chinese seriously racist - and sexist.

What I find interesting is that you both demonstrate your racism by using friends as your first and primary examples. You don't even have any direct experience to make these claims.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

If? Did you actually ask them these questions or is it entirely a hyothetical scenario?
                            I have and I've gotten the same response as mindseye.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

Using one incident to generalize about an entire race, what does that make you?
                              Right, to get much better evidence of East Asian racism, just ask them what they think about Russian women

I don't see how anyone can deny the massive amounts of racism that exists throughout East Asia.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

So true. A friend who lived in Japan summed it up with the image of a Japanese wife carefully packing some condoms in her husband's suitcase before he leaves for a business trip.

Things like masturbation bars seem to be uniquely Japanese.

HBO used to do a series on these types of shows around the world. If I remember correctly, Japan and Germany had the most variety.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X