How many of You still play civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wycoff

I am a big fan of culture in Civ 3. I love having borders, and I love watching them grow. I enjoy the Civ specific traits, like the leader heads, and love the fact that there are Civ specific unique units. For my taste, there never was enough Civ differentiation in Civ 2.

I thought that the resource idea was a good one, and can really force you to make tough decisions at points.

I like how they've tweaked artillery to ensure that you can't simply conquer the world with hordes of Howitzers.

The main thing that I dislike about Civ 3 is that the AI civs don't seem to genuinely compete amongst each other. In the end, its always going to be Human vs. a multi-headed AI.
    Yeah, Culture and Ressources are very big assets of the game.

What I for my part dislike about the game is, that the units stoll fight independent for themselves (so that you have no real advantages if you mass several armies against a single enemy army.
    They should´ve looked at CtP 2 for a very good combat system which incorporates several roles for toops (flanking, artillery and direct attack) and enhances their survivability if are grouped together in an intelligent way.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      I only recently got the expansion pack for SMAC, so I played it a bit. It's not bad, but computer games don't hold me as they used to.
      Why dont computer games hold you as they used to?

Comment

There's many games that do. You're just getting old.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
        X