No announcement yet.

Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends heavily on draft day though. And those that run it real fast don't tend to be slow players in the NFL.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Those who run it slow aren't always slow though

Comment

Those who consistently run it slow are, however. It could have been a bad day, sure. But it hurts Clarett.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

So, Randy Moss to the Raiders
          Muhammed to the Bears.
          (Probably) Derrick Mason to Baltimore.

How long will the Falcons wait before they make a move at WR???????
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by dudemanjack

T.O. and Moss won't be 2nd string next year.
            You guys missed my point. Faulk didn't have to take the pay cut.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

RE Falk. See Jerome Bettis.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Eh. The guy knows he's not the same. He stepped down for Steven Jackson. His legs can't stay fresh, but he can contribute as the second back for now.

Comment

Orlando Pace has an agent now that is not known for holdouts. If he signs a multiyear contract the Rams could have over $4M extra dollars of salary cap room.

There is hope.

Pace hires agents from Chicago firm

In a move that could lead to a multi-year contract with the Rams, left tackle Orlando Pace has hired agents Fletcher Smith and Kennard McGuire of CSMG Sports in Chicago.

"We think it's a tremendous opportunity," McGuire told the Post-Dispatch on Monday. "We're excited to get the ball rolling (with the Rams) and see where this takes us. We're looking forward to seeing this process through."

At Pace's request, McGuire declined to disclose specifics on why Pace chose his firm as agents. But Rams officials said Monday that the fact that Pace now has representation is a positive sign that he wants to sign a contract with St. Louis.

But as one Rams official said, "Having an agent is still a long ways from having a deal done."

St. Louis-based Rocky Arceneaux of Alliance Management and Kansas City-based Tom Condon of industry giant IMG Football had been the two agents most prominently rumored as front-runners for Pace's services.

McGuire and Smith have a modest stable of NFL players, and neither is known for holdouts. A quick survey of the NFL Players Association player-agent list showed them with 17 players on 12 NFL teams. The headliner of the group is Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Their client list also includes Dallas cornerback Terence Newman, the fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft; defensive lineman Ty Warren and linebacker Rosevelt Colvin of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots; and Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter.

The news comes on the heels of a hectic weekend of Pace-related developments in which the Rams floated his name as a trade possibility to the Giants. Later, parties from both clubs strongly denied that anything resembling substantive trade talks had taken place.

On Sunday, coach Mike Martz said his frustration was increasing with Pace because the club had placed the franchise tag on him for the third consecutive year.

As long as Pace is under the franchise tag, he counts more than $8.4 million against the team's 2005 salary cap. A multi-year deal could slice that cap count in half, freeing up several million dollars to pursue other free agents, and ensuring that Pace has a full offseason and preseason of work with the club.

Comment

Rams get 2 LBs in free agency

The Rams definitely needed LBs, but they needed them on the cheap. They got two of them in free agency, and both of them together only count for $3.5M against the salary cap next year.

The first LB is Dexter Coaxley from the Cowboys. Coaxley has been to the Pro Bowl 3 times, and is very fast. He'll be on the strong outside.

For MLB the Rams picked up Chris Claiborne. Claiborne is the biggest LB that the Rams have had since moving to St Louis. He's 6'3" and 259 lbs..

Brandon Chiller will be on the other side, and they want to move Tinoisamoa to safety. Aeneas Williams will probably retire and Archuleta is an unknown because of his back. Tinoisamoa was one of few bright spots last year, but the Rams are going with size at LB now, as they should.

Our next greatest need is at offensive line. Hopefully we will pick up Fred Miller from Tennesee at RT. We also need 2 guards, but I doubt if we have much cap room to get much there.
                    Last edited by Kidlicious; March 5, 2005, 17:06.

Comment

• Former CHI & PHI all-Pro Safety Todd Bell dead at age 47.

Comment

• I'm sure everyone knows this, but Brett Favre will be back for another year. He's waaay too old to do anything meaningful. But he can still win alot of games for them.

Comment

• Isn't winning games something 'meaningful'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Wycoff
                            Bledsoe might end up in Dallas with Parcells, the man who drafted him. I'm less sure about this than Garcia in Detroit, but it makes sense,

Looks like I was right about this one. Next "shocker": Garcia to Lions
                            Now I'm 2 for 2 with my QB carousel predictions.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Isn't winning games something 'meaningful'?
                              not if you can't win in the playoffs.

Comment

• The Rams and O Pace made a long term contract. The Rams make another $2.4M in salary cap room, and he'll be at camp this year. We're looking pretty good now actually.

Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X