Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immutable Laws of Apolyton

Immutable Laws of Apolyton:

1. If you post a thread in which you propose to do something stupid as a cry for help/attention all polytubbies will do is egg you on.

2. The easiest way to get widespread name recognition is to be an obnoxious jackass, have very strong opinions on matters that you discuss obsessively, parade your private live in an unseemly manner, be a shamelessly annoying spammer or have a cute avatar (cute kittens and dancing cows seem to be the most effective). This goes a long way to explain the large numbers of obnoxnious jackasses, opinionated obsessives, shameless self-publicists, spammers and people with cute avatars on Apolyton.

3. It is physically impossible for a debate on 'poly to change somebodies opinions on anything whatsoever more frequently than once per year. And that's an absolute maximum.

4. The range of political opinions on poly will always be sharply biased against the beliefs of anybody expressing an opinion about the range of political opinions on poly.

5. If you say something remarkably stupid people will remember it, especially with regards to helecopter defenestrations.

6. You can't complain about poly having gone downhill since the old days if the forum knows your registration date. It is known.

7. Settlers who post on the OT must be DLs and must be danced at.

8. There is nothing so stupid that someone on Apolyton can't be found to defend it.

9. As much as one might wish it, YYYH and SS cannot be forgotten.

10. Any news event worth posting about once is worth posting about until Ming wakes up, especially if it involves Jon Stewart PWNing Crossfire.

11. All bannings are carried out by Ming, all other moderators are strictly ornamental.

12. You cannot leave Apolyton, this is especially true if you announce you intention to leave Apolyton forever.
    Last edited by Bosh; February 16, 2005, 03:09.
    Stop Quoting Ben

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

13. When your argument falls apart in a thread, you can always salvage yourself by claiming "I WAS TROLLING I DIDN'T REALLY MEAN IT."

Comment

Shamelss self-publicists.

Ted Striker.
        Attached Files
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

14. All Discussions of Women are restricted to two topics:

A. How Good you are getting to bang them

B. How much you hate them/how evil they are

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Shamelss self-publicists.

Ted Striker.
              15 All of Ted Striker's pronouncements are worthy of a , especially with regards to hitting it.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Comment

16. When Fez enters a thread, reasoned arguments die.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

1. If you post a thread in which you propose to do something stupid as a cry for help/attention all polytubbies will do is egg you on.
                    More! More!

2. The easiest way to get widespread name recognition is to be an obnoxious jackass, have very strong opinions on matters that you discuss obsessively, parade your private live in an unseemly manner, be a shamelessly annoying spammer or have a cute avatar (cute kittens and dancing cows seem to be the most effective). This goes a long way to explain the large numbers of obnoxnious jackasses, opinionated obsessives, shameless self-publicists, spammers and people with cute avatars on Apolyton.
                    What happen to your squirrel avatars?

3. It is physically impossible for a debate on 'poly to change somebodies opinions on anything whatsoever more frequently than once per year. And that's an absolute maximum.
                    I was thinking at least twice per year, but you convinced me otherwise

4. The range of political opinions on poly will always be sharply biased against the beliefs of anybody expressing an opinion about the range of political opinions on poly.
                    What? I may be stupid.... but then I am a republican.

5. If you say something remarkably stupid people will remember it, especially with regards to helecopter defenestrations.
                    Great! Is this because I said I'm a republican? Do we all have to be tossed from a helicopter?

6. You can't complain about poly having gone downhill since the old days if the forum knows your registration date. It is known.
                    You have to register?

7. Settlers who post on the OT must be DLs and must be danced at.
                    Tell that to Kid...

8. There is nothing so stupid that someone on Apolyton can't be found to defend it.
                    DU and christianteen.com (or whatever) seems to prove that wrong

9. As much as one might wish it, YYYH and SS cannot be forgotten.
                    Who?

10. Any news event worth posting about once is worth posting about until Ming waked up, especially if it incolved Jon Stewart PWNing Crossfire.
                    I missed those threads

11. All bannings are carried out by Ming, all other moderators are strictly ornamental.
                    other mods?

12. All list posts will be disected and commented upon in a most anal manner such as I have just done.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

17. When a libertarian enters a thread, it gets endlessly parsed and dies.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

12. All list posts will be disected and commented upon in a most anal manner such as I have just done.
                        18. Someone will always manage to get the numbering wrong on any list that is done.

Comment

there are too many rules

176. When there are too many rules or the anything is too long to read it is reasonable to shout out; "Summary!"
                          and expect one.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

18. Someone will always manage to get the numbering wrong on any list that is done.

what?!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

What? I may be stupid.... but then I am a republican.
                              Since you are a Republican that means that Apolyton must have a strong liberal bias. Rule #4 is infallible.

What happen to your squirrel avatars?
                              Jun Ji-hyun is cuter.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X