Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing last episodes

So.. anyone think of any?

I just was finally able to finish Sopranos and season5.. don't get me wrong, I love the series, but I was waiting for a better ending for the season than this.

It had perfect set up for a war, but then, Tony takes out his cousin wiht a shotgun at the last minute and settles it with Johnny Sack.. of course he wanted to protect his family and crew by doing it, and then shooting himself so that his cousin wouldn't get into the hands of the other guys and tortured.

However, had he just stuck with his word to begin with, we could have a war. Would make a lot more interesting, with all the pending possible power struggle inside the family, some thinking they should take Tony out themselves for putting everyone to danger because of his cousin. It had the works for a real nice season 6.. but now they settled it and instead the FBI took out the other crew and Johnny too, making Tony a .. bigger opportunist I guess in the future. So that means there will be no war in the future either, at least not with this hand of cards.

Also I feel Adrianna should have been able to escape and relocate to Finland and marry me damn it! What a waste..

So when is the next season beginning?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

24 season 3 ending was booooring....
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Worst final episode ever?

The X-Files.

Absolutely craptastic.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I liked and disliked the end of season 3 on 24. Some things were a bit silly. But the very, very end, with Jack just absolutely losing his **** in the car, was absolutely perfect.

Comment

Agreed, though Voyager last ep. sucked very much too

- Paul Valery

Comment

And on the other hand, I feel that Rick James's Superfreak is SUPERIOR to Mc Hammer's U can't touch this.. now first of all, it's a better and of course the original. It has that part where he sings She's all right, she's all right ... That's my favourite part of the song and it ROCKS and that's the part missing in MC Hammer... man there's nothing to it. Rick James RIP
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Last episode of Sienfeld was a disappointment...

Last episode of M*A*S*H out-and-out sucked...

Last episodes of the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Cheers are the gold standard for saying goodbye to well-loved characters...

Last episode of St. Elsewhere set the standard for surprise endings...

Last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth is the best 30 minutes in the history of television...
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Godfather 3

Comment

Dont you think Angels in America last ep pwned Blackadder?

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    And on the other hand, I feel that Rick James's Superfreak is SUPERIOR to Mc Hammer's U can't touch this.. now first of all, it's a better and of course the original. It has that part where he sings She's all right, she's all right ... That's my favourite part of the song and it ROCKS and that's the part missing in MC Hammer... man there's nothing to it. Rick James RIP

Although, the new Nationwide commercial featuring Hammer is terrific.

Comment

The last episode of the Second Bob Newhart series, when he wakes up in bed with his wife from the first series was the GOLD STANDARD of last episodes, and will never be beat
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

X-Files

The only one that was received more poorly was the Twin Peaks finale... but I didn't watch that show. I did watch the X-Files though, and it was horrible.

I actually started a thread like this over at the Straight Dope. Here's what I said about the X-Files finale...

The X-Files Clip Show, er, The Truth, in which, after seeing this special two-parter just last week, my original observation still holds up: Chris Carter had nowhere to go but to pull something out of his ass, and what resulted was a clip show. Given the shows potential and high points, this was possibly the most insulting final episode in the history of TV, a slap at the fans.

Comment

I can't remember the last episode of X-Files.. but I'll take your word since it's been vouched for couple of times already..
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            The last episode of the Second Bob Newhart series, when he wakes up in bed with his wife from the first series was the GOLD STANDARD of last episodes, and will never be beat
                            I'm not old enough to know the original Newhart show, but I remember watching the finale of the second with my parents, and they just came apart at the seems laughing.

Comment

It was a clip show for Godsakes! There were so many things that needed explaining, and all we got was a recap (probably pulled from the timeline on some fanboy's website) of what went on before.

Of course, by then we had already given up on the show. Laura found it unwatchable after Scully gave away her child.

Edit: Response to Pekka.

Comment

Working...
                              X