No announcement yet.

Disappointing last episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9's finale was good, but it lost much during the second part (too many goodbye scenes IMO). TNG was great Voyager was....hm....at least it was a real ending.

I saw X-Files as well, and was also very disappointed. But then I think its last season was rather weak anyway. Same with B5. Great series, weak endings.
    Blah

Comment

Yeah DS9 definately stumbled.

Sisko went through all that Emissary rigamorole, took on quests, went trials, etc., for what?

So he could push someone off a cliff?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu Elephant
        Quantum Leap's last episode was pretty crappy. After about a million episodes starting with the narrator saying that Sam Beckett was trying to get home...

"Sam Beckett never stopped leaping..."

****ing hell!
        That was a great ending story arc... who wants to see all these farking happy endings. Something bad happens to a main character in a series. More power to 'em.

Oh, and I will also defend the Seinfeld last episode. Classic Seinfeld, paying homage to all the secondary characters the show had, which made the show what it was. Also after seasons and seasons of the characters being jerks and no horrible consequences arising from it (making it all the more funny), they finally get their pounding. Very fitting ending.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Blackadder Goes Forth

Futurama's final episode is good, but not great.

Duckman's final episode is interesting.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Oh, as for good final episodes, "Frasier" was amazingly good
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
              Last episode of Sienfeld was a disappointment...

Last episode of M*A*S*H out-and-out sucked...

Last episodes of the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Cheers are the gold standard for saying goodbye to well-loved characters...

Last episode of St. Elsewhere set the standard for surprise endings...

Last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth is the best 30 minutes in the history of television...
              what! the last episode of Seinfeld was great. Would you have rather it been a sappy ending? It was fitting for the type of show. Though I disliked the clips, because I'm not a big fan of clip shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                The last episode of the Second Bob Newhart series, when he wakes up in bed with his wife from the first series was the GOLD STANDARD of last episodes, and will never be beat
                It was also my favourite of his shows. Larry, Daryll, and Daryll rocked!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That was a great ending story arc... who wants to see all these farking happy endings. Something bad happens to a main character in a series. More power to 'em.

Oh, and I will also defend the Seinfeld last episode. Classic Seinfeld, paying homage to all the secondary characters the show had, which made the show what it was. Also after seasons and seasons of the characters being jerks and no horrible consequences arising from it (making it all the more funny), they finally get their pounding. Very fitting ending.
                  here, here! a man who knows quality tv.

Jackie Chiles!!

and if anyone doesn't know who that is. then on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Oh, as for good final episodes, "Frasier" was amazingly good
                    another classy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

TNG was kind of boring because it never really "ended" the series.
                      I had serious issues with Voyager, which I will not go into.
                      I think it really depends on the premise of the series. In M*A*S*H, The X-Files, DS9 and Voyager -- hell, Glligan's Island, for that matter -- definitive endpoints were suggested from the start of the series; there was an endpoint that could be defined by the nature of the story.

Other series, such as Seinfeld, ST:TOS and TNS, were far more open-ended in nature, and by no means required "closure". That Seinfled actually had "closure" dosen't change this.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I thought the final episode of NewsRadio was the best of any series. It just seemed really suitable tied things up but still left it open, and was hilarious.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Maybe X-Files was sort of disappointing... but I am such a huge fan of the show that I still love it. I just knew beforehand that the final episode is not going to be for hardcore viewers, but sorta for casual viewers too, so I expected a clip show. Then again, not all of the episode was a clip show. And there were many parts about it done in an amazing way, something that only the X-Files do. I would have liked it more if it were a hardcore episode, but it's fine the way it was. Oh, and being the final episode, it was almost a religious event to me.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The Man show where the two good hosts left and the two crap hosts came in.

Comment

Last episode of Seinfeld was good. Don't knock it.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                                Yeah DS9 definately stumbled.

Sisko went through all that Emissary rigamorole, took on quests, went trials, etc., for what?

So he could push someone off a cliff?
                                No, so winn could die helping Sisko could fall off a cliff while pushing someone off a cliff! evilgrin:

Yeah, those few minutes could have been better, but I enjoyed it, mostly because the last 10+ episodes of the series had been well done as it gained momentum towards the end of the series and had closed off so many of the various loose ends that could have easily been forgotten.

Anyway, it's not like the "temporal instability was really going backwards in time" in the TNG finale wasn't telegraphed really early on, yet we had to we had to put up with Picards slowly trying to figure out what the problem was. Also, I'm not the biggest Q fan.
                                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X