No announcement yet.

Disappointing last episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5 last ep: Not as bad as some have said. I quite enjoyed it myself. Having said that, apparently the original idea was Sinclair to have been the captain of B5 all the way through and then travel back in time and become Valen at the end of the series. Now that would've been a great ending.

Voyager: Crap. The batmobile Voyager was rather silly.

DS9: Final fight was a bit silly

Quantum Leap: Great! Like someone else has said, who wants happy endings all the time? It was a wonderfully sad ending

X-Files: Stopped watching after season 3 when it became apparent the creators had no idea what the story was. I read the synopsis of the last ep, which was a real waste of time. I'd glad I didn't watch it.
    mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Several seasons ago there was a brief series called "The Others". It was about a group of people with various psychic powers brought together by a college professor initially as a support group, they had beguin to help people with problems involving the occult. Generally I don't like shows about psychic and occult stuff, but what made this show work in my view was the diversity of the group and how they, each having unique powers, worked together. As the season progressed they became aware that an evil power was attempting to oppose them. Unfortunately the show's ratings tanked, so it was cancelled. In the final show the entire group was murdered one by one by the evil power. By the end of the show you sorta got the message that it wasn't going to be back in the fall.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        Several seasons ago there was a brief series called "The Others".
        Excellent show.

In the final show the entire group was murdered one by one by the evil power. By the end of the show you sorta got the message that it wasn't going to be back in the fall.
        Yep. Although from what I've read, they intended that to be the season finale before they ever knew the show was cancelled, and that the writers had some idea what they would do if the show was renewed.
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

You mean the final episode of the time-condensed and very nearly final fourth season, or the final episode of the poorly executed mostly-filler was the final but should not have been fifth season?
          I have to choose?

I say the, "Let's take a stroll through future Human history and make sh*t up" episode that ends with Sol going nova(!) and blowing Earth to bits while Vorlonish Humans bid adieu to an awful final episode. I realize that B5 was meant to run only five years, that's how the creators envisioned the series, but that was an atrocious way to end it.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Maybe X-Files was sort of disappointing... but I am such a huge fan of the show that I still love it. I just knew beforehand that the final episode is not going to be for hardcore viewers, but sorta for casual viewers too...
            You have GOT to be kidding me. The only people watching season nine were the hardcore viewers... to base their final episode upon the idea that there's going to be gaggles of "casual viewers" all of a sudden tuning in was to deny the reality of what was happening to the show and its audience.

For the people in the X-Files discussion group that Laura and I participated in, the final episode was a religious event too - "Thank God its finally over!"

Few shows in the history of American TV suffered the sort of decline in quality that the X-Files did. It was like watching a slow-motion trainwreck, one that just (seemingly) never ended.

Comment

"Lost" just started on Swedish TV. Episode 3 will run next week. The papers say ther's 22 episodes. Is that all, or will this be just another never-ending story? I want TV series to end, otherwise there's no reason to watch them. It would feel like Groundhog Day.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Am I still the only person to of mentioned Farscape?
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

In retrospect, Farscape's wasn't-actually-the final episode was great. Quite the bastardly thing to kill the 2 main characters in such a grisly manner. If you think your show as you've done it is never returning to the air, kill it good and dead. Have fun with it.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I wouldn't mind them dying, but the last show just sucked in every regard. Although having them just randomly get killed by a completely unknown alien kinda sucks, too.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      Although having them just randomly get killed by a completely unknown alien kinda sucks, too.
                      Actually... that was pretty typical of Farscape.

I liked the "it wasn't really the last" episode.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Actually... that was pretty typical of Farscape.
                        Well, maybe... if it was done better.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Oh come on... that was classic Farscape
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

I have to choose?

I say the, "Let's take a stroll through future Human history and make sh*t up" episode that ends with Sol going nova(!) and blowing Earth to bits while Vorlonish Humans bid adieu to an awful final episode. I realize that B5 was meant to run only five years, that's how the creators envisioned the series, but that was an atrocious way to end it.
                            they went over to "NEW and IMPROVED" earth, didn't you hear?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              The last episode of the Second Bob Newhart series, when he wakes up in bed with his wife from the first series was the GOLD STANDARD of last episodes, and will never be beat
                              That was a great ending. Didn't the show Step-by-Step steal that ending? Patrick Duffy played Frank Lambert in that series. I think I remember an episode, then end of which had Frank Lambert waking up and going to the shower, only to find that instead of Suzanne Summers (his wife from Step-by-Step) being in the shower its Victoria Principal (his wife from Dallas). I thought that it was a tribute to both the Newhart finale as well as to Dalls, as Victoria Principal found Patrick Duffy in the shower after she dreamed that he had been shot.

Don't ask me why I know about Dallas and both Bob Newhart series. I don't know why... I'm only 22.
                              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

That was a great ending. Didn't the show Step-by-Step steal that ending? Patrick Duffy played Frank Lambert in that series. I think I remember an episode, then end of which had Frank Lambert waking up and going to the shower, only to find that instead of Suzanne Summers (his wife from Step-by-Step) being in the shower its Victoria Principal (his wife from Dallas). I thought that it was a tribute to both the Newhart finale as well as to Dalls, as Victoria Principal found Patrick Duffy in the shower after she dreamed that he had been shot.

Don't ask me why I know about Dallas and both Bob Newhart series. I don't know why... I'm only 22.
                                Wasn't that a Family Guy episode?

Comment

Working...
                                X