PA accuses Hezbollah of undermining peace process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Ramo
    What I find interesting is that Hizbullah has been fairly quiet these past 5 years - ever since Israel withdrew from Lebanon.

No. Theyve launched rocket attacks across the Israeli - Lebanese border frequently, and theyve helped pass arms to Hamas and IJ, in cooperation with the previouis Pal regime. There reason to act up even further now is based on the needs of their state sponsors - Syria doesnt want an Israeli-Pal settlement that reduces their leverage wrt to the Golan Heights, and Iran doesnt want an Israeli-Pal peace that reduces the regional hatred for the US and US allies.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

PA accuses Hezbollah of undermining peace process
      What does Pennslyvania have to do with the peace process?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

No. Theyve launched rocket attacks across the Israeli - Lebanese border frequently, and theyve helped pass arms to Hamas and IJ, in cooperation with the previouis Pal regime. There reason to act up even further now is based on the needs of their state sponsors - Syria doesnt want an Israeli-Pal settlement that reduces their leverage wrt to the Golan Heights, and Iran doesnt want an Israeli-Pal peace that reduces the regional hatred for the US and US allies.

My understanding is that Hizbullah arms smuggling has been with the PA. Not Hamas, IJ, etc. As for shelling, how frequent has that really been in the past few years?
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          Not in any way worth the human cost of this collecitve punishment.

As if they care about that.

Stupid troll. You're sinking lower and lower, and eventually you'll turn in to Fez.

Comment

Fez will realize the threat and become even more obnoxious!

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

What I find interesting is that Hizbullah has been fairly quiet these past 5 years - ever since Israel withdrew from Lebanon.

How about abducting Israelis in late 2000, and possibly again attempting it, recently?

How about sending rockets on Israeli towns, and sending drones into Israeli territories?

How about funding and directing major groups of the Al-Aqsa brigades, for quite a while now?

Comment

Not in any way worth the human cost of this collecitve punishment.

As if they care about that.
                1. As stated, Israel did decide to stop after seeing it was not effective in the larger picture.

2. Who is "they"? Evil zionists/ jews / israelis? The IDF? The MoD? Sharon? who in the IDF? The chief of staff? The office of government actions in the territories? There is active debate about the effectiveness vs. cost of this action, as there is about any other tactic undertaken.

Comment

Stupid troll. You're sinking lower and lower, and eventually you'll turn in to Fez.

I'm not the one trying to paper over war crimes.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Two wrongs don't make a right, Agathon. You, should know this.

Comment

They do if the two wrongers are dead. Then it's right for everyone else.

I don't paper over Palestinian acts of violence, but I also think it is ridiculous to ignore the fact that they are fighting with rocks and homemade fireworks while the other side has tanks and helicopters and plays the victim, even though it is inflicting casualties at a rate of 3 or 4 to 1 in its favour.

It's also quite likely that Sharon would be convicted of war crimes if he were ever brought before a proper court.

There are many more thoughtful and humanitarian Israelis than that fat, thuggish prat. Surely they could find someone better. At least Barak tried really hard.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

They do if the two wrongers are dead. Then it's right for everyone else.

I don't paper over Palestinian acts of violence, but I also think it is ridiculous to ignore the fact that they are fighting with rocks and homemade fireworks while the other side has tanks and helicopters and plays the victim, even though it is inflicting casualties at a rate of 3 or 4 to 1 in its favour.

It's also quite likely that Sharon would be convicted of war crimes if he were ever brought before a proper court.

There are many more thoughtful and humanitarian Israelis than that fat, thuggish prat. Surely they could find someone better. At least Barak tried really hard.
                        Where did you get this from?

Comment

Where did you get this from?

Books.

It's what we old people had before the interweb.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Nothing to back up your claim?

Comment

Nothing to back up your claim?

Plenty, but I don't want to start another cluster****. That can wait for another time.

You can read up for yourself if you like. A book detailing the Kahan report is a good start, and you can go on to other books that criticize the report.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I read a book somewhere that says all Communists have been proven to be terrorists.

Comment

Working...
                                X