MLeonard goes to London!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    ...Then again, I was in x => 3 times in Hooters...w00t w00t the toot machine and the wenkies of the mashemors.
    What?!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

and the wenkies of the mashemors.

Harry Pekka and the Unintelligibility of the Land of the Midnight Suomi.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

You are all just jealous because I can have fun with invented words. I don't care if you don't like them. Then again, the ones who don't like them are prolly just roblors.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Neopekkalogisms.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Pekka:

so are we going to see any pictures of anything of interest then, Matt?

Comment

You are all just jealous because I can have fun with invented words. I don't care if you don't like them. Then again, the ones who don't like them are prolly just roblors.
              You're a Finn. You don't need to invent bizarre looking words, just use your native tongue.

" HAAYOAIE is a Finnish word for "a plan for the wedding night"; it has 7 consecutive vowels, and 6 of the 8 vowel sounds that exist in Finnish (there is an umlaut above the first two A's and the O).

SAUNA is the only common word in the English language borrowed directly from Finnish. Obscure words from Finnish include KANTELE, a type of zither, PULKA, a sled, ESSIVE, a linguistic term, and EDUSKUNTA, the Finnish parliament .

(I do like that last one. I've often thought governments were a bunch of eduskuntas)

The Finnish word SAIPPUAKIVIKAUPPIAS (a dealer in lye) is the longest known palindrome in any language according to the Guinness Book of World Records."

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                " HAAYOAIE is a Finnish word for "a plan for the wedding night"; it has 7 consecutive vowels, and 6 of the 8 vowel sounds that exist in Finnish (there is an umlaut above the first two A's and the O).
                IIRC there are 8 actual vowels in Finnish, and by doubling them you get another 8 sounds.

The Finnish word SAIPPUAKIVIKAUPPIAS (a dealer in lye) is the longest known palindrome in any language according to the Guinness Book of World Records."
                Finnish also has the longest multiword palidrome. Shame it makes no sense.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X