'Bullying'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
    and, if done correct you also have "safewords" so that the master knows if he drives it too far.
    Is anyone else picturing a scene from"Europtrip" here?
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Bullying blows. I can't imagine it doing anyone any good.

I was fortunate growing up in that the school I went to had a delicate balance of power that was maintained through unwritten rules and carefully placed intimidations towards sh!t disturbers who would throw the wheels of stability out of motion. I didn't know how pervasive bullying could be until I went to University and heard people talk about their experiences. I really feel for anyone here who was bullied.

I grew up in an area of Boston, MA at the intersections of the neighborhoods of Mattapan, Dorchester and the town of Milton. Mattapan and that area of Dorchester are primarily black. That part of Milton is about 50/50 black and white. Its all a very small area so there was only one middle and high school for my district and multiple grammar schools. I went to a grammar school that was probably around 80% black. You would think that would get me bullied alot, but I'm convinced that the concept of bullying is really a white (suburban?) thing, because I never got bullied, and I don't recall anyone else getting bullied either. Sure, people got teased... but it was never serious and more of a joke between friends than bullying.

But when I got to high school, things changed. We got alot of the white kids from the other districts. The racial breakdown was probably 60/40 with the majority being black. You could tell there were alot of kids from the white schools that thought they were hot sh*t because they talked alot of it and were out to assert their dominance in the new school. But the black kids weren't really having much of that... and most of these "would-be bullies" got the crap beaten out of them by the black kids within the first few weeks. It was great in that no bullies were really allowed to arrise, and those that tried learned their lesson pretty fast. It wasn't so much "anti-bully" as it was "anti-bigshot". And we had this trick for people who transfered from other schools who were *******s: we would invite them to a "party", and then we'd pick them up... and drive them out deep into the projects in the middle of the night and leave them there Poor kids would come back to school (sometimes days later) completely traumatized. But it worked, and as a result, everyone got along really well at my school, and we had no jocks and no bullies.

Its interesting though, because we didn't really have nerds either. We had people who had nerd tendencies (like myself), but since there was no one trying to exclude and alienate people, everyone fit happily into the mainstream.

Anyways, bullying

Comment

bullying is worthless.

your parents should be the ones to toughen you up for the real world. they're the ones whose supremely high standards you're supposed to try to live up to and ultimately fail every single ****ing time.

if they're outsourcing that job to some stranger's kid, they're not doing their ****ing job.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          Is there really any proof that the Columbine shooters were ostracised as being probably gay?

There's annectdotal evidence that the shooters had been called "******s" frequently.

IIRC one of the Columbine students had been a member of the football team.

I was on the football team for two years. Didn't stop people from bullying me.

The labelling of the future shooters as being gay was probably more a reflection the typical teenages inability to deal with interpersonal conflict than rampant homophobia.

It's not about homophobia. They aren't picked of for being gay. They called gay in order to pick on them. Homophobia is the expression by which the bullying is carried out, not the cause. People called me "***" all the time, knowing damn well I wasn't.

It was also reported that one of the shooters actually had a hate website.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. When you are the object of hatred, you hate others in return. I was filled with hate while I went to school in Batavia. I wanted to crush my tormentors under my foot and make them pay.

What I've heard about these two makes me doubt that they were two victimized kids pushed over the edge by cliques of homophobic bullies.

Kids who are victims of hate act out in all kinds of ways. I destroyed things in my home. My friends vandalized the school. An aquaintence of mine set off a pipe bomb in a forest preserve and later went into a Black bar and pulled out a knife and shouted out, "Come on N******!" Then there are the spazzes.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
            We are destroying our western civilization by creating a race of inoffensive noncombatants.
            Gee does that mean we are becoming less caveman like?

Comment

Re: 'Bullying'

Originally posted by Seeker
              Currently a hot topic item in Ontario (Canada), with schools and 'zero-tolerance' nonsense.
              Its about time. Thinking Bullying makes tough people for a tough world is a bunch of right wing neanderthal crap. PARENTS, principals and teachers should deal with this quickly and firmly. First time incidents should be a warning. Repeated occurences should be dealt with more harshly. We don't need bureaucratic/political overpaid desk jockeys dealing with this, it should be the PARENTS. You wanted the damn kid you deal with responsiblities of raising them. And Teachers are the second line, when they see or hear of incidents occuring, they deal with it fairly and professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                I remember when I was in high school, all the kids who did their work and got all a's were considered nerds.
                And then you get to the point where they realise your grades actually matter and are going to determine whether or not you get into that university you want to go to.
                At least, that's when I stopped getting bullied. That and I'd come out, which actually stopped a lot of the queer-calling. Well, that and the fact that our head of sixth form was gay and ripped the biggest strip you've ever seen off someone who called me a *** in front of him. Fond memories

Nobody should ever be subjected to what I went through between the ages of five and sixteen. Bullying doesn't develop strength of character in the victim, and anyone who thinks so is talking sh*t. I had strength of character despite my bullying, instilled through the deeds and words of parents, teachers and friends, and I thank god for each and every one of them who helped me through it.
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I just made sure to either
                  a) be friends with the bullies
                  b) have bigger friends than the bullies
                  c) run track
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm still awaiting an answer to my question:

So, what reward did you get out of it?

Or did Seeker, by not responding, tacitly agree that the reward was the satisfaction of seeing some kid scared of him?

Comment

Bullying is out and out unacceptable. I did recently lower myself to almost kick the s*** out of some kid that was messing with my daughter. this kid kept on and on i finally had enough and took the kid bythe collar and asked if he felt like a big man messing with a girl. This child proceeded to cuss me outi n which case i took the beer i was holding and poured it over his head. And tol his momma to come talk to me if she wanted some crap. The kid hasnt messed with my daughter again.
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

That's alcohol abuse... I real texan would of chugged the beer and then smashed it over his head and yell "Stop being a bully you little sheit!" Then he'd run of crying only to go off and bully some one else smaller then him and yell "I learned it by watching you!"

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          That's alcohol abuse... I real texan would of chugged the beer and then smashed it over his head and yell "Stop being a bully you little sheit!" Then he'd run of crying only to go off and bully some one else smaller then him and yell "I learned it by watching you!"

I didnt say Iwas proud of it After he called me every name in the book i got a little pissed. The beer was hot anyway. Im not proud of that and did call the police on myself cause i knew that i was supposed to be the adult. Needless to say after the police got there they heard the kid talking and no charges were filed.
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yup, you must of been drunk. Calling the police on yourself!

There are 2 kinds of beer: warm and cold, get use to them both.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

At a recent class reunion (the first in 20 years), my worst highschool bully told me: "Ollie, you rule! You are my idol! You're the best!". Of course is helped a lot that we found out we are both dedicated Rammstein fans, but that's not all. He is a very big mouth, but I outwitted him completely. He told me: Hey Ollie, you have become extremely fat!", and I replied "Yes, I'm so good, and the more Ollie there is, the better the world will be!" Nothing he could say could beat that...

I am now a M.Sc with a well-paid job, a fast, witty mouth and great self-confidence. And the lead singer of a rock band, not to forget. He dreamt of that when he were in highschool. Well, I'm a lead singer, he's not. Tough luck, loser!

While he is not the total loser some others have become, age has humbled and matured him. But one of the other guys in my class is still hopeless. He has children whith 3-4 different women and he has abused all of them (the women). I've seen him do it live on town. I tried to physically stop him once , but he has arms like a big Gorilla male. He escaped my grip like I wasn't even there. His oldest kid is almost adult, and we are only 36.
                              Late at night, he said he had been in prison for a while. He's not a total ******* though. We had a long discussion about V8 boat engines. Ironically enough, one of the girls in our class worked as a prison guard, and the guy who hosted the party had become a weapons instructor in the police force. He had to be careful.

Another one of the girls in my class worked in WTC New York until Friday 7th September 2001, when she started her maternal leave. Our class reunion last year was the first time she visited Sweden since 1998 or something.

Class of 1984
                              Last edited by Chemical Ollie; February 11, 2005, 18:42.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

In other words, be kind to the nerdiest guy in your class, because he will become your boss!!! And that's me, *******!!!
                                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                                X