No announcement yet.

'Bullying'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double penetration (or whatever DP means)
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Dumb Poster?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Dildo Pest
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I seem to recall reading about a poll done on high school bullying shortly after Columbine. Students were asked whather they had bullied or been bullied by classmates during the month prior to the survey. A larger number of respondents, about 55%, confesed to having bullied, while about 50% claimed to have been bullied. The results suggest that belligerence is a very common mode of interpersonal interaction among American teens. I would guess that many of the respondents had both given and received. Most of those who had been bullied probably had someone lower on the pecking order to vent their humiliation upon.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Glasögonorm (Eddie Meduza)
            När jag var liten fick jag alltid stryk
            utav de andra killarna när vi gick till skolan
            Sicka jävla typerrrr!
            Men det fanns alltid nån liten jävel
            Som jag kunde avreagera mig på
            Nån liten skit-torr jävel

Han var en glasögonorm
            En glasögonorm
            Jävla glasögonorm

När jag blev äldre var det likadant
            Och på arbetsplatserna fick jag på truten
            utav allihopa
            Men det fanns alltid nån liten jävel
            Som jag kunde slå på käften och hävda mig
            Nån liten skit-torr jävel

Han var en glasögonorm
            Glasögonorm
            Jävla glasögonorm

Till sist blev jag trött på att alltid få på truten
            Så jag började träna karate och boxning
            Och blev stark som satan

Men allt eftersom att musklerna växte,
            Kände jag att synen blev sämre och sämre
            Sicket jävla öde!

Nu är jag en glasögonorm
            Glasögonorm
            Jävla glasögonorm!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              I seem to recall reading about a poll done on high school bullying shortly after Columbine. Students were asked whather they had bullied or been bullied by classmates during the month prior to the survey. A larger number of respondents, about 55%, confesed to having bullied, while about 50% claimed to have been bullied. The results suggest that belligerence is a very common mode of interpersonal interaction among American teens. I would guess that many of the respondents had both given and received. Most of those who had been bullied probably had someone lower on the pecking order to vent their humiliation upon.
              I think a poll like that might not make a key distinction between someone who occasionaly in some dispute was intimidated by someone, as opposed to much smaller number of people who are repeatedly victimized on a continual basis.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Shi's the "industry expert" here. His paper on the subject was quite good and painful. It's amazing how this subject always brings me back to that place in my life.

I always knew it bothered me, but I never realized what a roadblock in my life it's been and continues to be.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This thread is so... Heathers.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: 'Bullying'

Originally posted by Seeker
                    Currently a hot topic item in Ontario (Canada), with schools and 'zero-tolerance' nonsense.

C'mon people, bullying is a rite of passage and an essential part of the toughening up process. What, are we supposed to hide the fact that the world is brutal place full of *******s? It's a learning experience.
                    I suggest we all beat you up

Comment

• I did used to get bullied a bit but fortunately as I underwent the growth spurt from hell up to the age of 12 (and have never grown a jot since, people at that point thought I was on course to be easily in the mid 6 foot range) this left me as the tallest in the year and by a margin and stocky at the same time. I was confident and surly enough despite being a complete and utter geek of the highest order at this point in my life. If anyone by then had attempt to bully it would have resulted in having their head ripped off.

I changed school and the bullying commenced but never to much consequence. One tried to make me smoke but I just threw the cigarette back in his face. He shouted some threats but I just ignored. Him and his gang (who to me at that point were pretty small and vertically challenged) persisted. I had later physical engagements with these people but with my relative advantage at the time they never even got a shot in and this was the case throughout my school life. I know others who suffered from it far more severely though.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I don't think bullying did me much harm really.

I was bullied physically and emotionally on and off from the time I started school until I was about 14; but looking back on it I can see why. I was a pretty hateful child, perhaps due to my upbringing making me think that was the right way to behave, I don't know. Bullying ultimately made me more independant I think; as I got older I got even stranger, but eventually it was appreciated as 'uniqueness' rather than psychosis.

People say bullying severely affects your confidence etc as an adult....but personally it actually gave me the strength to be whatever the **** I wanted. Not a pleasant rite of passage, but probably a necessary one. I'm a generally more socially acceptable person than I was when I was younger, though never fell into the trap of following the crowd just to avoid being picked on. Did it make me stronger? Yeah, I think so.

Obviously, if someone is being put in serious physical danger its a different matter - assault is assault, the bullying aspect is just a side issue really.
                        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

• I used to bully others, but then at the age of around 7 i had a 'realisation' of what i'd been putting people through. I didnt like how that made me feel and ever since that day i've made it one of my missions to protect the weak and beat on the bullies.

I had quite a good run during the ages 10-17, where i would get weaker or just more gentle guys/girls coming to ask me for help. The bully problems at my various schools did decline a bit.

The odd cuts/bruises/bloody noses i recieved seemed a small price to pay for absolving myself from my past sins imho, but it also taught we wider lessons of right and wrong. I still feel pretty bad about the bully i used to be.
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                          X