Kuci's first car accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuci's first car accident

It wasn't much of one, thankfully. I was driving to school this morning on 236, with moderate/heavy traffic. Some guy stops for traffic and the woman behind him (who was speeding and ****ing EATING) barely hits him, as far as I can tell, since there were just some scratches on the back of his car and her bumper. This is just past a little hill, so I can't see it. I'm going about 35 (the speed limit), and as soon as I see her, I slam on the breaks. It doesn't slow down fast enough and I ended up rear-ending the woman, but not too quickly. Her rear gets a bit scratched up while my car bounces back several feet and the hood and fender are all bent up (but the engine was fine). I was fine, the guy was fine, the woman said she was fine but she looked a bit shell-shocked. I called 911 and they came over, and the woman said "her neck hurt" so they got an ambulance and sent her to the hospital. It took about an hour after the accident to get everything finished up (the forms and stuff) and then I just finished driving to school.

This is why women shouldn't drive

Look out, the lady will probably sue you now.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Rear ending a woman.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Kuci hit it

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Sorry man-- glad to hear you are all right but if you rear end someone, you are at fault-- no question.

Personally I am amazed that a distracted speeding person could stop in time to cause only scratches while you were attentive and going the speed limit and were unable to stop without crumpling your front a bit. Better get those brakes checked.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Cuz of the hill, I couldn't see until I only had ~20-30 feet left.

And yeah, they screeched and made a kinda funny noise when I stomped on them.

Comment

You're hosed and will be found at fault. Sux but thems the brakes. (pun intended)
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I know I'm at fault. Luckily, if I take some driving course it goes off my record.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Cuz of the hill, I couldn't see until I only had ~20-30 feet left.

And yeah, they screeched and made a kinda funny noise when I stomped on them.
                  I'm suprised the hill doesn't have a "blind hill" sign with a reduced speed zone if it reduces visibility that much. Sue the city/town/state !!!!
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I had my first car accident a few weeks ago and it was a woman too, unsurprisingly. The traffic signs clearly stated she should have waited in that corner and driven slowly to the crossroads since there's a house blocking the view, but she came in at 50 kph in a 30 kph area right in front of me as I was crossing over the road.

There was no way to see her before it was too late, and I hit her right side the moment I could react. Needless to say, her insurance company paid for our car - the damage was negligible, but her own car did get totalled. (She was coming from my left to boot - even without the signs it would have been her fault.)

Let's hope you don't get sued your pants off, even though it technically was your fault.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Re: Kuci's first car accident

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      This is why women shouldn't drive
                      No, this is why kids shouldn't drive

It never ceases to amaze me that there are countries where kids aren't allowed drink until they're 19 or 20 (or even older, as in the US), but they're allowed to drive a car at 16. Alcohol only makes you do stupid things, which kids at that age will invariably do anyway (experience speaking here ), while cars can maim or kill people.

If you could only see 20-30 ft ahead you shouldn't have been driving at 35 mph, speed limit or no speed limit. (Though it's probably a good idea to point out to the proper authorities that they should adjust the speed limit near that hill.)

Good to hear you're okay though
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oh please

Comment

I suspect it's because people can drive at 16 in the USA that the drinking age is set at 21.

In most parts of the country though, the ability to drive is much preferred over the ability to have alcohol, however.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                            Sorry man-- glad to hear you are all right but if you rear end someone, you are at fault-- no question.
                            Common belief, but simply not true.

Kuci - Glad you are okay. Were any charges laid?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              Oh please
                              Its true. Teenage drivers account for a disproportionate number of vehicle accidents and deaths. This is no surprise when you combine inexperienced drivers with general immaturity. There are a number of studies which demonstrate this.

I think the training period should be much longer before you're allowed behind the wheel of a 1 tonne object hurtling freely through open space at speeds up to 120MPH. The six or so months it takes now before you can get a license is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X