Kill people for fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thucydides

That's why they're in the Marines and not in normal society. Honestly, our jails and mental facilities are overflowing as it is. We might as well get some work out of these people for doing what they enjoy doing.
    Hello, Tommy Atkins.
    |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      The fact the Marine follows the rules of war. Toss me another softball question.

"rules of war" - That's a good one!
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        The fact the Marine follows the rules of war. Toss me another softball question.
        Thats irrelevent. Both like killing.

Whats the difference?

(And I'm not saying all Marines like to kill...only the sick ones)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Defending women!
          I know, its scary people think thats what they're doing...

People need to remember that its not only terrorists "slapping up their women", its pretty much every Arab male. Wearing the veil is a cultural sensibility in much of the Arab world. If you like killing people who feel this way, you've just declared war not on the terrorists, but the whole of Arab culture.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            To be clear, he said it was fun to shoot people, not to kill people.
            Something tells me you're a lawyer
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Nope. Anyway, it's a very important distinction. As AH says, he relishes the fight, not necessarily the killing.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Nope. Anyway, it's a very important distinction. As AH says, he relishes the fight, not necessarily the killing.
                No it isn't. What would be the purpose of shooting someone other than to kill or severely wound them? Its either murder or torture.

Edit: You edited your damn post with a clarification. Bastard

Comment

As AH says, he relishes the fight, not necessarily the killing.
                  So go play a video game. Warfare is a professional job, not a ****ing jack off session.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Something tells me you're a lawyer
                    Close. He's an economist or something.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

No, I don't support anyone killing for fun. But let's remember that who we are fighting. We are killing terrorists who murder, rape and abuse women and children. These terrorists are barbarians. We should not "enjoy" killing them, but let's not get too politically correct either. We are talking about monsters that need to be killed.
                      lets start in our own backyard. lets kill child molesters, abusers, rapists, and murders, right here, on the spot.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

So, if it's OK to shoot people who slap women because they don't wear a veil...

... is it OK to shoot people who slap women because they DO wear a veil?
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

What would be the purpose of shooting someone other than to kill or severely wound them?
                          Going by what the marine said, he likes to brawl -- i.e., he likes the violent competition. In our times, this means shooting people. In past times, it might have meant face-to-face sword combat.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

violent competition? then why dosent he duel them or go rambo on them? there is no competition for the taliban, other than carbombs and "tewwowizm"
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Going by what the marine said, he likes to brawl -- i.e., he likes the violent competition. In our times, this means shooting people. In past times, it might have meant face-to-face sword combat.
                              I understand that. But my question is - do we want people who get a rise out of inflicting misery (the aim of a brawl) on others in the Marine Corps, supposedly standing up for "American Values" abroad?

Wasn't it these sort of demented individuals who got the US into trouble at Abu G.?

Comment

MRT: You're making this entirely too complicated. The man likes his job. His job is to take part in violent competition on the orders of the president. The president isn't ordering him to duel the Taliban or to go rambo on them, even assuming that the Taliban would oblige him if he wanted to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X