Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Planned Parenthood opposed to sonograms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you weren't...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

One legit reason to oppose to the use of sonograms are some parents (notably Chinese, but probably in East and SE Asia as well) might abort if the fetus turns out to be female.

This is uncommon, though.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
        This story was from the CBS news station. But it is possible that they were taken over by religious zealots who have the horrible agenda of saving innocent life I suppose,

Maybe they got Planned Parenthood mixed up with the Texas National Guard? Maybe someone had given them a DOCUMENT?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

There is some evidence that sonograms can do damage to the fetus. If, in fact, it's true that PP opposes the use of sonograms, it may be because the Christians are exposing the fetuses to unnecessary risks simply over politics.

I suspect, however, that the local CBS affiliate was duped. Having come from a secular part of the country, I would assert that PLATO is incorrect about the influence that X-ianity has over local media, though it's not so bad as Asher might imagine.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Unlike the looneys who stand outside the 'womens clinics' (interesting euphamism) trying to intimidate women, I think providing sonograms is a reasonable way to oppose abortions. After all, its potentially improving the 'standard of care' provided by the abortionist.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Apparently we're bumping threads from 2005 now, so I'd like to comment on this:

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
              There is some evidence that sonograms can do damage to the fetus. If, in fact, it's true that PP opposes the use of sonograms, it may be because the Christians are exposing the fetuses to unnecessary risks simply over politics.
              What the **** does this mean? I don't think there's any question that Planned Parenthood is damaging the fetus, that's their job. They don't oppose damage to fetuses, period.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

abortion

like we need any more ****ing people on this stupid planmet
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X