Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Planned Parenthood opposed to sonograms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Planned Parenthood opposed to sonograms?

I heard this on our local TV station so I don't have a link but here is the story:

Crisis pregnancy centers generally exist in order to help women who are pregnant and are undecided on whether to carry the child to term or otherwise are confused and scared or without family support. There are hundreds of these privately funded clinics throughout the United States. Many of them are supported by churches. A local Christian organization decided to raise funds in order to give these centers sonogram machines. Apparently when women see the image of the fetus etc. they are much less likely to abort the pregnancy.

Now one would think that Planned Parenthood would stay our of this altogether but they couldn't resist making a statement that they were opposed to this because it "coerces" women to have the baby rather than aborting it.

Now there is no more excuses for these abortion mill supporters and their mantra of "choice" is exposed as a sham. They are for unimformed choice obviously. They choose to keep the women they are supposed to be so concerned about in the dark. They are the ones coercing women to have abortions when many would not have them if they were given all the facts. Facts (including the sonographic image) that Planned Parenthood and their cohorts in this lucrative business would keep hidden so they can advance their agenda of death and pull the wool over the eyes of mothers-to-be in the name of choice. Does anyone still believe them?

These abortionists are pro abortion, not pro choice. They couldn't care less about the welfare of the woman or the child (obviously). Why does much of the public continue to pretend that this is a virtuous orginization. They are the scum of the earth.

[HALF-TROLL]
    Because the Church groups trying to bring women to use these machines are trying to paint Bambi eyes on what is esentially an amorphous blob of cells.
    [/HALF-TROLL]
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What "fact" is there in the sonogram image?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Maybe you are an amorphous blob of cells???

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          What "fact" is there in the sonogram image?
          Well the fact of the image of course. Is that difficult to comprehend?

Comment

The only references I see to Planned Parenthood not having access to sonograms is from religious anti-abortion sites with an agenda.

Their website seems to indicate they do sonograms.

It has created one of the largest women's centers in Managua, where low income women can access comprehensive health services, including sonograms, cervical cancer screening, and psychological counseling PPSP, has been impressed how SI MUJER offers an array of high-quality services, easily accessible because they are provided under one roof and designed to meet the complex needs of many clients, regardless of income.

*shrug*
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This story was from the CBS news station. But it is possible that they were taken over by religious zealots who have the horrible agenda of saving innocent life I suppose,

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
                This story was from the CBS news station. But it is possible that they were taken over by religious zealots who have the horrible agenda of saving innocent life I suppose,
                Is it possible? A local TN news station has a Christian bias? No, never...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe you are an amorphous blob of cells???
                  [THE OTHER HALF OF THE TROLL]
                  No, because I'm actually a Human Being. A blob of cells isn't.
                  [/THE OTHER HALF OF THE TROLL]
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well the fact of the image of course. Is that difficult to comprehend?
                    Okay.

Fact

There is an image.

Therefore

abortion is wrong?

Wow, man, wow.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sonograms are often necessary to determine the age of the fetus if there is some question about the date of the mother's last menstrual period. If termination is elected the exact age of the baby may be needed in order to determine what method should be used, or in states which limit the age at which termination can be done, whether or not the baby is too old to be legally terminated.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Is it possible? A local TN news station has a Christian bias? No, never...

Ever been to Tennessee?
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          whether or not the baby is too old to be legally terminated.
                          Baby?
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Baby?
                            He probably meant to say parisite or blob of cells. An innocent mistake I am sure.

Comment

He probably meant to say parisite or blob of cells. An innocent mistake I am sure.
                              Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X