No announcement yet.

64 Senators Support Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW ABOUT THESE NED WHEN DO THESE EPISODES APPEAR ON SURVIVOR????

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That ****er in the third photo is not fit to wear the damn American flag.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ted, Again you seem to studiously miss the point. The issue is whether Gonzales or the US Congress endorses torture. These are ALL pictures from Abu Gharaib, which involves criminal conduct by individuals in violation of US policy. These criminals are being prosecuted. This is consistent with upholding the Geneva conventions, not inconsistent with the conventions.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
          Secondly "people on my side" do not agree with you.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
            Ted, Again you seem to studiously miss the point. The issue is whether Gonzales or the US Congress endorses torture. These are ALL pictures from Abu Gharaib, which involves criminal conduct by individuals in violation of US policy. These criminals are being prosecuted. This is consistent with upholding the Geneva conventions, not inconsistent with the conventions.
            You just spent like 10 posts defending the first picture I posted as not being torture and now you say the issue is something else?

Secondly the "US Policy" is criminal in itself after the Geneva Conventions were dismissed. There is a direct link, which has already been posted many times already, from Gonzales' memo, to what happened at Abu Gharib.

Colin Powell and some very Senior level JAGS have stated this many times.

Comment

No. But still he is NOT shackled. He can stand up if he wants to. Why he stays in that position and endures is something we can only speculate about. However, if the pain becomes too bad, I guarantee he will stop.

Now, there at this point, there is no difference between this and Survivor or Big Brother, is there?

When one tortures someone and wants to really inflict a lot of pain, one uses shackles.
              You know, if you replace the phrase "if he wants to" with "if they let him" then suddenly it makes more sense why he's standing like that.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Starchild

You know, if you replace the phrase "if he wants to" with "if they let him" then suddenly it makes more sense why he's standing like that.
                True, that is why shackles are normally used with torture.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Why bother with shackles when we've got no idea who's standing behind the camera, what they're aiming at him or what they're telling him the consequences of standing up will be?
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• The bottom line, there clearly are incidents of criminal misconduct at Abu Gharaib. There has been no evidence submitted in any of the criminal trials that anyone in power authorized what was going on. At least one general is being disciplined/prosecuted for failure to properly supervise/train her troops.

The fact that the abuses at Abu Gharaib took place late at night, out of view of officers, is of critical importance in this. They knew what they were doing was wrong.

When one reviews the "memo," it clearly concludes that infliction of excruciating pain is torture. It does not advocate this, as others (here) contend. The definition that this is torture clearly excludes the use of excruciating pain.

The left, as usual, has no basis for the charge against Gonzales. A lot of propaganda and hysteria (as in Farenheit 0/11) does not make up for lack of facts in support of their anti-Americanism.

Comment

• Yeah, cop out and start claiming anti-Americanism.

**** YOU

Comment

• Looks pretty out of sight to me.

Comment

When one reviews the "memo," it clearly concludes that infliction of excruciating pain is torture. It does not advocate this, as others (here) contend. The definition that this is torture clearly excludes the use of excruciating pain.
                          If they weren't advocating it, why would they even be interested in it???????????????

Comment

• You musta got manure fur yer brains!

Comment

• Yeah, I hear you Ted. So do the enemies of the US. Look at what they have to say about Abu Gharaib:

"President Bush has no authority to accuse Iran of sponsoring terrorism while the U.S. supports "Zionist terrorists" and runs military prisons that use "torture," Tehran's Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Sunday."

What you and other Dems are doing by stating that Abu Gharaib is official US policy is undermining the US war on terror and giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Comment

• I think at this point we should call it the War of Terror, and call you a supporter of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X