Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compliment a woman, Go to Jail

Costa Ricans face jail for chatting up women

Man in Costa Rica can now be sent to prison for trying to chat up women.

A new law says women can have men arrested for paying them unwanted compliments, reports Las Ultimas Noticias.

Offenders face punishments of up to 50 days in prison or a fine if found guilty.

A police spokesman in San Jose said: "It will be hard for us to tell if the flattery is offensive or not.

"People are very different, but we will enforce the new law and trust women's judgement."
    Well, there you have it. If you are in Costa Rica, do not compliment the women there, they might decide it is unwanted and they will send you off to prison. It appears that in dealing with Costa Rican women you will be force to stick insults.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

WTF? Costa Rica was supposed to be very democratic!
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

interesting. you can call them a *****, but not a fox.

Comment

Next time you're in a locker room and a really fat 60 year old man constantly compliments you, maybe you'd reconsider your opinion.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"Hi there. May I complement you on your highly shaggable body?"
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

And I thought all the american freaks sueing eachother was bad...

Comment

Risking all of you yelling at me im gonna say this. not all the things some of you guys say is considered a compilment. Telling a woman that you dont know that the have pretty hair might be ok but saying hey baby you have a nice ass might get their goat a bit. I would have said something in spanish as an example but tubes told me that i couldnt, that is speak a language some dont understand in an english speaking thread.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

how is nice ass not a compliment?

I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  how is nice ass not a compliment?

I think it is.
                  For some it may be but I think if i was walking down the street and noticed you and said nice package you might be offended.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Believe it or not some girls like being told they have a cute ass but I admite most don't.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This probably only applies to harassment...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Believe it or not some girls like being told they have a cute ass but I admite most don't. [/QUOTEIm gonna say yes some do but I think it needs to come from one of their friends or S.O. The filthy construction worker on the other hand dont thinks so.

Comment

By 'complimenting' her, your basically judging her primarily on physical attributes, and reducing her to a physical object. It's dehumanizing. That may not be what you meant, but that's the cultural inference.

Of course, this new law totally violates freedom of speech. Horrible.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

What if a woman compliments a man? Or another woman? A man compliments a man?

It sounds like straight guys get screwed... except not in the good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                              For some it may be but I think if i was walking down the street and noticed you and said nice package you might be offended.
                              I would say "I'm glad you noticed, it is isn't it?"
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X