UPN cancels Star Trek: Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dissident

I just never got into the characters as much as TOS or TNG. Characters are what make a show (along with decent writing).
    The thing was that i really liked the characters in Enterprise, the banter between Trip and Archer, the whole Vulcan issue and the difficulty that caused on the ship. I only saw the first two series, so i dont know if it went down hill rapidly?

I always felt DS9/Voyager etc were somehow shackled by TNG and the characters always felt rather repressed. In Enterprise i felt they brought back a little of the humanity(the flaws/mistakes etc).

Enterprise for me was a breath of Star Trek fresh air - but maybe my love of the origonal series has a lot to do with it. The only thing i was worried about, was that as it preceeded all the above series, it would have problems with continuity. Not being a StarTrek spotter, i was never sure if it pulled that off or not?

When it switched to Sky, sadly i didnt follow it anymore
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• speakin of fighter space combat.

I'm watching this battlestar gallatica series. It's horrible! I haven't watched until today, now I know why. The special effects are really bad. And that show has always had "fighters" in space, higly unrealistic. but I did like the old show as a kid. but I liked a lot of stupid things as a kid. Like buck rogers tv show.

Comment

• I tivoed the Battlestar Gallatica with a season ticket thinking that I would watch all the episodes in order... I ended up bailing on the show. I've been hearing a lot talk that's not favorable about the show. Is there anyone here that likes it?

Did the emergence of BG really contribute to the cancellation of Enterprise?
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Enterprise was toast no matter what.
          They were lucky to get this season... and only a dramatic boost in the ratings would have saved it... and that didn't happen.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie. Never had (much less made) a ST costume, went to conventions, or the like. But I've always liked ST and tried many times to like Voyager and did on occasions.

I had high hopes for Ent but knew it was dreck by the first 10 minutes.

Enterprise sucked all the air out of the room and any follow-up series has a serious uphill climb.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X