So I just ate at McDonalds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just ate at McDonalds

And I was dissappointed to say the least, for the money i paid i would have gotten some really nice kebab or pizza. But no I had to waste it on a cold fries and a hamburger that got stuck to the container so half the bottom bun got ripped off. So where are your worst and best fast food places?
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

McDonalds BAAAAD. Kebab GOOOOOOD.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ahmed's But since I've had to many of them, it's strict(ish)ly sandwhich shops from now on. KFC's usually pretty good, as far as UK fast food goes.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Eh, I can actually cook.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

McDonalds burger in a container? They usually just wrap it up in paper here.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: So I just ate at McDonalds

Originally posted by Footie Mad
            And I was dissappointed to say the least, for the money i paid i would have gotten some really nice kebab or pizza. But no I had to waste it on a cold fries and a hamburger that got stuck to the container so half the bottom bun got ripped off. So where are your worst and best fast food places?
            Know what you mean, behind my corner there's an Italian delly who makes fantastic home-made pizza's, lasagnas etc. for the same price as I can get some crap McD eugh.. crap.
            Actually, this holds true for the chinese take-out too.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes do they do the paper thing here as well but this was some sort of special McTasty thing in a cardboard container, would rather have the paper.
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Yeah, McD isn't worth it, I realized this a while ago and I had absolutely the same thoughts. I could have eaten something better instead.
                The only thing that I can probably still eat are those chicken nuggets and fries. The burgers at McD have come a long way down.

Hamburger - boring
                Cheesburger - a bit less boring
                McChicken - my favorite once, now just a pile of loosely organized next-to-nothing-tastes. Can be eaten by adding lots of sweet-sour sauce.
                McCountry - second favorite for a while, then they changed it - for worse. Haven't tried it ever since (~6 years ago)
                Hamburger Royal - don't know anymore, one of those that I ate in the later days. Probably still one of the better ones (doesn't mean much though).
                Big Mac - never liked it, too much anyway
                Fish Mac - never tried

Only fast food I consume nowadays is Kebab (and Pizza if you count that as fast food). There are good places to get Kebab here.

Comment

The fastest food I eat are left-overs from the last week.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yeah, it's fine going other places, but just ask yourself, do you get annoying, unskilled service, or endless high-pitched beeping from machinery at the Chinese or Italian places?

Plus you can always count on leaving from McDonalds with a healthy appetite still intact.

Comment

The only 'fast food' I get in here is kebab.. because it's the cheapest and you get a lot of it and it's pretty good.

The prices in here are a joke anyway.. a big mac costs what.. the meal.. like over 7 euros? I can't even afford that. The kebab joints give you a kebab roll (haha! Our secret kebab!) for 5 euros and that's HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Pizzas go usually for 5 euros and kebab meals in a real plate and all that, gos for less than 5 euros in lunch time. They have the greatest deals. No one can compete with their prices.

So I sometiems grab myself one of those.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Schwarz Brothers is the best hamburger place I know of, but it's not really fast food. I'm not even sure they're still going.

They cook your burger fresh every time, and arrange it as you see fit.

Of course, given the queues at BK and McDs, it's questionable if they are really "fast" food either.

Good fast food? Surely a contradiction in terms.
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I haven't eatin' at a fast food place in over a month now.

However, I use to eat a McDs all the time. More for it being fast than it being good. Jack in the Box and Carl Jr.'s has much better hamburgers. Still, for hamburgers around here you really need to go to the little independent places. We have a place called Kirk's and his son has similar places called Brix; excellent brugers.

Arby's is just as awful as McDs. I would still find myself shoving down the awful, lightly crunchy, roast beef sandwhiches.

Boston Market over KFC for chicken.. not bad

Taco Bell is my favorite fast food. It is a lot harder to F up beans... though I probably give them the benefit of the doubt as I expect to get explosive diarreha when I eat it.

The best fast food are delis. Independent ones if you can hunt them down.. Else, I like Quiznos and I even get a craving for Subway now and then.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            Yeah, it's fine going other places, but just ask yourself, do you get annoying, unskilled service, or endless high-pitched beeping from machinery at the Chinese or Italian places?

Plus you can always count on leaving from McDonalds with a healthy appetite still intact.
                            Vice versa, I haven't heard high-pitched beeping at chinese or italian places but constantly at McDonalds.

The only 'fast food' I get in here is kebab.. because it's the cheapest and you get a lot of it and it's pretty good.
                            woaa you must be earning a fortune (or be very slim).
                            Kebab is 3 Euros, Big Mac is €2.75.
                            Pizza (a whole one) 6-9 Euros.

Comment

kebab is cheapest here, everything else is more expensive...
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X