No announcement yet.

So I just ate at McDonalds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I told you what it is, it wouldn't be a secret now would it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good point. Use the spoiler tags, then noone can see it

Blah

Comment

It is a kebab dish invented by some kebab dudes in Turku or Tampere, not sure which one. It's wildly popular now all over Finland and most kebab joints have adopted the dish. It's awesome
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm quite fond of burgers. The ones you can get from chips shops and kebab houses are usually pretty good - better than McDonalds anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            It is a kebab dish invented by some kebab dudes in Turku or Tampere, not sure which one. It's wildly popular now all over Finland and most kebab joints have adopted the dish. It's awesome
            I hope this 'invention' isn't kebab and salad rolled in a pita bread...

Comment

The Kebab Pizza Burger!

What is it with Euros obsessions over Kababs? I can't even think of a place where I would go to get one.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Kebab

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  What is it with Euros obsessions over Kababs? I can't even think of a place where I would go to get one.
                  It's generally cheaper than American Junk Food, while being actually nutritive, and quite tasty. Besides, it's done just as quickly than a McD's burger (if not more). In comparison with Yankee feast food, the Kebab is an absolute winner
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                    When I was travelling in Europe parts of the past two years I thought Quick was good for fast food..
                    Yikes. I went to a Quick once and it was basically McDonald's food rolled in even more salt. Maybe it was just a bad experience with the one location I went to (around Nice), but it was worse than most fast food in North America.

Almost is bad is a chain in France (don't know if they have them elsewhere in Europe) called Flunch. It's kind of like a permanent cheap buffett. Although you can't beat the name, the food is like sawdust.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                      Almost is bad is a chain in France (don't know if they have them elsewhere in Europe) called Flunch. It's kind of like a permanent cheap buffett. Although you can't beat the name, the food is like sawdust.
                      What tourist would want to visit the local fastfoods while in Frnace? Tourists are expected either to go to McDonald's because they're too afraid of indigenous food, or to taste our actual food in restaurants
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Chipotle
                        Dino's
                        Quizno's

burger franchises
                        KFC
                        Subway
                        Arby's

fast food in general

Comment

Geronimo getting me dizzy.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

What tourist would want to visit the local fastfoods while in Frnace? Tourists are expected either to go to McDonald's because they're too afraid of indigenous food, or to taste our actual food in restaurants
                            Hey, cut me some slack. I was there for 17 days and ate at Quick once and Flunch once. Out of 51 possible meals, that's two at French fast food joints (I think I may have gone to McDonald's once too when I was on the road and wanted to stop for a quick bite). And this was a few years ago when my money was tighter than now.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

hrmf. Apology accepted.

Comment

Of course, the real question at French fast food places is:

Is the Feta Greek, or Danish?
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X