This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikander
    He is exhibit A in my quest to dismantle "Ethnic Studies" departments around the country. The vast majority are simply havens for seditious politicians.
    OMG, we can't do that, students would have to take classes where they ACTUALLY LEARNED SOMETHING, OMG, OMG, OMG!1!1!!

Comment

• Some of us did actually learn something in ethnic studies.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
        Some of us did actually learn something in ethnic studies.
        What? I don't need a class to teach me that ethnic diversity is good. It's PC run amok.

Comment

• Given that in a democracy, we all agree to allow the representatives of the majority to represent all of us, we cannot pretend that we do not have some, albeit diminished, responsibility for what our governments do.

It's not sufficient to say, "I didn't vote for Bush", because the essence of democracy requires that the losers agree to let the winners make policy.

That is different from being an employee of a corporation that does something bad because you did not consent in that case.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• So it would've been OK to nuke Germany in retalation for Nazi war crimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              So it would've been OK to nuke Germany in retalation for Nazi war crimes?
              You're confusing two questions.

(1) Does an individual or group of individuals bear some degree of responsibility for their government's actions?

and

(2) Does that, along with other considerations, justify acts of violence against them?

In the case of the WTC victims the answer to (1) is "yes" in varying degrees; the answer to (2) is most likely "no" for all of the WTC victims and definitely "no" for most of them, and considering that the definite "noes" amount to an unacceptable amount of collateral damage, the overall answer for the WTC is "no".
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Then what does (1) matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

What? I don't need a class to teach me that ethnic diversity is good. It's PC run amok.
                  Some people do. Some people have been taught otherwise, and they have no other information to go on. Plus most people really don't know the historical struggle of minorities, except for what they were taught in high school, which was crap, and they probably weren't paying attention.

Comment

• Some people do. Some people have been taught otherwise, and they have no other information to go on.
                    And many of these people go to college and decide to major in ethnic diversity.

Comment

And many of these people go to college and decide to major in ethnic diversity.
                      That would be great.

Comment

• *whoosh*

Comment

• Then what does (1) matter?

It matters because describing adults in a democratic society as "innocents" is severely misleading.

It also matters because their responsibility does cause some consequences to accrue, like paying taxes for war reparations and things like that.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I say molly bloom and Agathon argue this point.

Comment

*whoosh*
                              Most people who major in ethic studies are minorities son.

Comment

• *whoosh*

Comment

Working...
                                X