Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you can have just one sci-fi/fantasy gadget...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't kill anyone.

I'd just put the thing in geosynchronis orbit over France and laugh.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      did checkov say that? I miss the old series. It had a certain charm to it. Is it still on tv on the sci fi channel? I wan't to watch an episode.
      Absolutely.

IMHO, the original series was the best. Sure, the special effects were cheesy but it was the only sci-fi series I can think of with a sense of humor and where the characters didn't take themselves to seriously.

Kirk: Well, once again we've saved the universe.
      McCoy: And the good news is, they're not going to prosecute.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGeek
        Incredibly tough call: Does "DeathStar fitted with a time machine, holodecks, replicators, a mind-reading device, and an invisibilty ray" count as one gadget?
        Only if it was built by the stuff from total annihilation which counts as one gadget.

Comment

I want a Borg cube. Borg cube beats Galaxy class starship any day of the week.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The Holy Hand Granade of Antioch.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Definitely the holodeck.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But then you have all those boring, pushy, drones under foot all the time, muttering "you will serve the Borg" at inopportune moments, etc.
                Sorry. Replicators will require vast amounts of energy that will not be "free". Very cheap... but not free.

Naw, the replicator runs on its own proton fusion power cell. Getting the elemental stock required for some items might be difficult, especially replacement parts for the replicator. "Please deposit 2 grams of Americium to continue replication process."
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

But then you have all those boring, pushy, drones under foot all the time, muttering "you will serve the Borg" at inopportune moments, etc.
                  Not if I OWN the cube, 'cause then the borg drones will serve me, particularily the ones who look like Seven of Nine.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

A Borg Cube isn't a gadget, neither is a Death Star.

Some people
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Not if I OWN the cube, 'cause then the borg drones will serve me, particularily the ones who look like Seven of Nine.
                      Of course, when she still was a drone she didn't look that great...
                      Blah

Comment

• The fountain of youth.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• particularily the ones who look like Seven of Nine.
                          What do you mean? If i had control of the Borg I;d only assimilate super models... ho stalky dudes... yes, my Borg would discriminate
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Time machine.

Although that could lead to some dissapointment...

Comment

• It's always baffling why starships are so big and heavily crewed. Did the electronic revolution never happen in that alternate timeline?
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Small starships would be uncool.
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X