• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajbera
    In America, you report the news.

In Russia, the News reports YOU!

God, I hate Yakov Smirnoff.
    The exact reason American media hates Russia.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
      The west doesn't hate Russia. Its all in their pathetic, filthy sub-human minds
      Wow. Tassi sounding like calgacus. I did not think I'd live to see that day.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I would like to highlight the following interesting passage from the above cited text:

Nowadays attacking Russia has a politically correct tinge to it, since Russia is a white Christian country. By contrast, attacking China still suffers from being susceptible to counter-charges of racism and anti-Communism. Perhaps this is the source of the strange double standard in which Russia is attacked just about any day for just about anything while China is virtually ignored day after day, month after month for the same and far worse.

Very interesting thought.
        Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

By the way, the author of the cited message is an American, whose articles on Russia appear from time to time in the western media. So what is written above is an internal American discussion on the subject.

Comment

White Christian? You're Untermenschen heathens, no matter what you pretend.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Another excerpt:

Certainly what appears on the editorial and op-ed pages of the Washington Post is scandalous in its insistent, irrational hostility toward Russia, as well as the op-ed page of the Wall Street Journal.

Some prominent Poly members are regular readers of the Washington Post.

Comment

"Nowadays attacking Russia has a politically correct tinge to it, since Russia is a white Christian country. By contrast, attacking China still suffers from being susceptible to counter-charges of racism and anti-Communism. Perhaps this is the source of the strange double standard in which Russia is attacked just about any day for just about anything while China is virtually ignored day after day, month after month for the same and far worse.

Attacking Russia is especially "correct" when it is a matter attacking a Republican Administration for being soft on a Russia that is beating up on Muslims. One doubts that much of the American public shares the media's sensibilities on this. Picture bubba listening as Dan Rather launches into Russia for beating up on Muslim Chechens; he'll probably be telling himself, "there the liberal media go again, standing up for our enemies and blaming our allies the Russians for fighting back". Among Americans who write about politics, only Pat Buchanan and Ann Coulter dare to say such things, but many more think it, in whole or in part."

I think we see where this guy is coming from.

BTW, im not prominent, but I do read the Wash Post, and I rarely see anything unfair to Russia there.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Another excerpt:

"(5) East European propaganda has been very effective perhaps because there was some truth in it (Communism was in most cases imposed by Soviet arms), or perhaps because it is a simple story (big guys oppress small guys), or perhaps because there is a lot of ignorance among the pundits. On the latter, I wonder how many journalists know that Rumanians and Hungarians in their thousands were fighting the Soviets together with the Nazi all the way to Stalingrad (and after); or that "the nice and helpless" East European countries often fought among themselves (Hungary and Poland each taking a slice of Czechoslovakia in Munich in 1938) so that territorial aggrandizement was hardly a Russian specialty."

I didn't know that the Poles and the Hungarians took part in eating up Chechoslovakia. Oh those innocent and p*ssy East Europeans!

Comment

Certainly what appears in Vagabond's article is scandalous in its insistent, irrational hostility toward American media, as well as his own posts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond
                      Another excerpt:

"(5) East European propaganda has been very effective perhaps because there was some truth in it (Communism was in most cases imposed by Soviet arms), or perhaps because it is a simple story (big guys oppress small guys), or perhaps because there is a lot of ignorance among the pundits. On the latter, I wonder how many journalists know that Rumanians and Hungarians in their thousands were fighting the Soviets together with the Nazi all the way to Stalingrad (and after); or that "the nice and helpless" East European countries often fought among themselves (Hungary and Poland each taking a slice of Czechoslovakia in Munich in 1938) so that territorial aggrandizement was hardly a Russian specialty."

I didn't know that the Poles and the Hungarians took part in eating up Chechoslovakia. Oh those innocent and p*ssy East Europeans!

Im quite aware of the hungarians and romanians (AND slovaks, and Italians) who fought aginst the USSR in WW2. The implication that what happened in WW2 justifies the oppression of eastern europe, and is something youre bothering to repeat NOW, does not make one feel good about Russia. If one wants to review WW2 history, Russia is hardly innocent - (can you say Molotov-Rippentrop pact?) But thats two world wars ago - time to focus on the present.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yet another one:

Yes, Russia is criticized as anti-democracy and anti-American; no, it is not criticized as anti-market. Just the opposite: there are plenty of people who are angry at Russia for having betrayed Communism and gone “capitalist�. Both Left and Right get to hate Russia nowadays on ideological grounds.

The latter shows why Che is highly prejudiced against the new Russia while defending the USSR on a number of key issues.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Im quite aware of the hungarians and romanians (AND slovaks, and Italians) who fought aginst the USSR in WW2. The implication that what happened in WW2 justifies the oppression of eastern europe, and is something youre bothering to repeat NOW, does not make one feel good about Russia. If one wants to review WW2 history, Russia is hardly innocent - (can you say Molotov-Rippentrop pact?) But thats two world wars ago - time to focus on the present.
                          First, it was not me who repeated it -- it is written in the cited message. Second, I don't want to justify what Russia did. I just wanted to point out that the East Europeans too were not quite the nice and p*ssy thing they pretend they have always been.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                            White Christian? You're Untermenschen heathens, no matter what you pretend.
                            At least, on an average, we are whiter than you are.

Comment

We have a righ to be anti-Russian whenPutin is trying to make himself Czar.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                                Certainly what appears in Vagabond's article is scandalous in its insistent, irrational hostility toward American media, as well as his own posts.
                                I insist that my hostility is very much rational. And I can prove that.

Comment

Working...
                                X