Why the American media are so pathologically anti-Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin
    We have a righ to be anti-Russian whenPutin is trying to make himself Czar.
    You can criticize certain particular issues. But this cannot justify an outright villification of Russia in your media. In fact, this case proves the thesis that the media being free is not necessarily a guarantee against tendentious coverage of certain issues.
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Yes. BAD FREE MEDIA!!!!

Hail government control media !!

In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        Yes. BAD FREE MEDIA!!!!
        Yes, this shows that, on occasions, the free media can get itself into a vicious circle without a hope to get out of it from within system. In such a case, an external push is badly needed.

Hail government control media !!

It's a pity you understood it all in a such a primitive way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
          you never were a superpower. nor were the brits

self-aggrandising AND paranoid
          The british empire was certainly a superpower.

Comment

btw, I read the entire article and was surprised to find that I agree with almost every last point. It seems to be the most accurate appraisal of the causes and direction of the Us media bias wrt to Russia.

I'm still undecided about whether it's assesment of the degree of that bias is accurate.

Comment

Summary: how dare anyone to criticise us?
              (and it's all because of Poland)

Funny that someone is angry with that Russia is applauded only when it supports other states. EVERY state is. There's nothing worth applauding in defending one's own interests.
              And that Russia doesn't understand it can have its interests behind the boarders, but it can't, or rather should not, treat independant states as vassals whom it may tell to which organisation they should belong (NATO membership of Central/Eastern Europe), nor try to discuss matters of some countries with others without participation of the nations involved (Poland and Lithuania in the Kaliningrad case).
              Not to mention that atrocities in Tchechenia, or attitude towards Miloszewicz... well, it's not about that Russia is doing something, but about what it's doing.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

I'm not sure what transcription I should use. I don't remember English one for sure...
                In Polich, Chechnia/Tchechenia/whatever is Czeczenia.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

This is so stupid. Most Americans couldn't care less about Russia.

I admit we are pathologically anti-French, but we don't care about Russia. The Cold War is over. Deal with it.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I think he has to mean anti-French. Americans are fairly united on our hatred of France, I haven't ever heard of anyone but politicians having anything against Russia.

I have a lot of friends that are here from Russia.

Seriously, when I was in OCS in the US ARMY the motto chosen by the class was "Kill the French!". These are the future officers of United States Armed Forces, they, their instructors, and everyone involved LOVED the "Kill the French!" motto.

This isn't a joke, the United States military would invade France with a heck of a lot more gusto and ethusiasm than Iraq or Afghanistan. And I don't see them taking too many prisoners.........

We just don't like France.

Comment

I admit we are pathologically anti-French, but we don't care about Russia. The Cold War is over. Deal with it.
                      Not so. Russia's problem, from the Yankee point of view, is that it has stopped it's movement towards global economic integration. US corporations are not given free reign to take over the Russian economy. Hence Putin is now portrayed as a "new czar". If he was selling out his own country to the US and the Europeans, he would be a "reformer".

BTW, the biggest problem with the US media is not how much they hate Russia. It's how much they love America.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                        Russophobia in the west is always my favourite subject to bring up, because every time those who try to say it doesn't exist end up proving that it is a rampant problem in the west.
                        They fail so miserably that it is indeed quite humorous
                        Yes, whatever the premises are, the conclusions drawn result invariably the same.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh

Not so. Russia's problem, from the Yankee point of view, is that it has stopped it's movement towards global economic integration. US corporations are not given free reign to take over the Russian economy. Hence Putin is now portrayed as a "new czar". If he was selling out his own country to the US and the Europeans, he would be a "reformer".
                          Economic reasons behind the phenomenon.

But, interestingly enough, the cited article (message) doesn't even take this into consideration. Furthermore, the autor may not even think it's true. However, a smaller set of premises the author uses is already sufficient to demonstrate certain points.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                            btw, I read the entire article and was surprised to find that I agree with almost every last point.
                            There is absolutely nothing concrete and substantial in that article. It is inconcrete, speculative and sidestepping the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                              You may think so. But the outrageous behavior of your media shows exactly the opposite. Indeed, it is not in the human nature to attack so vehemently things that do not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                                btw, I read the entire article and was surprised to find that I agree with almost every last point. It seems to be the most accurate appraisal of the causes and direction of the Us media bias wrt to Russia.

I'm still undecided about whether it's assesment of the degree of that bias is accurate.
                                Well, at least you agree that the degree of that bias is sufficient to state that such a bias does take place.

Comment

Working...
                                X