No announcement yet.

The Great Super Bowl Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SuperBowl is the penultimate capitalist event. The half-time show is only part of it.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

So what is the date for Superbowl? I'm so bummed that we can't get any handmelon on our TV, I like lthe game very much.. but we do get Superbowl, and I love it!! Get some potato chips... dip sauces.. few beers.. yeah! What's the date?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Feb 6th at 6:00 PM EST
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

ahhh so soon! Excellent.. WAiting to see some BIG HITS!

Nothing gives me more satisfaction and feeds my hunger for entertainment than huge guys colliding into each other on purpose. There's just something to it I can not intellectually explain or even comprehend. But it's great!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            But we'll leave his family alive so they can grieve!

But until until watching them grieve isn't funny anymore. Then we kill one of his relatives to freshen it up a bit, and watch the rest grieve anew... but then it gets not as funny anymore, so we kill another one, and so on. It's like drugs. Each time, the grief has to be a little more intense to satisfy the jones.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              It's because they want nice weather for all the NFL bigwigs that are going to be there.
              By all means we wouldnt want these guys to freeze their nuts off or anything, or their wives breast implants to freeze?

Sleet and rain would be cool the best blooper show ever if you ask me. Make those players earn their money hell yeah
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Nothing gives me more satisfaction and feeds my hunger for entertainment than huge guys colliding into each other on purpose. There's just something to it I can not intellectually explain or even comprehend. But it's great!
                Does anyone else think Pekka is gay?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Why, because he like seeing big sweaty men wrestling each other?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Maybe just a whole lot violent. But when it comes to football thats ok.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

GOOD THREAD

I think the Super Bowl should be played at stadium of the team with the better record... like baseball, hockey, and basketball.

**** THE HALFTIME SHOW

**** THE PEOPLE THAT WANT NICE WEATHER

SNOW
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ive played Rugby in snow. Real men take as much pain as they can get
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I think the REAL reason that it is played in a nice weather stadium is because usually when it is nice weather, you get minimize the risk of sloppy play (fumbles, etc). Its an assumption that it leads to higher quality of gameplay from both teams.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

when is the last time there was rain during a superbowl? It could rain in Jacksonville.

Comment

Putting the Superbowl in a Cold weather stadium would be a horrible idea, because severe conditions typically lead to advantages to certain teams. Teams that are already from a cold climate typically have an advantage in cold weather over teams from a warm climate. Blizzards and snow also tend to benefit smash mouth football running teams over passing teams. Now, you can earn the advantage of playing in conditions favorable to your team by winning home field advantage for the playoffs, but it shouldn't come into play for the championship game, which should have little external factors interfering with the game.

Of course, the Super Bowl should never be in a dome either. Football is supposed to be played on the grass, and it would give a huge advantage to any Dome team that made into the superbowl.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                                Putting the Superbowl in a Cold weather stadium would be a horrible idea, because severe conditions typically lead to advantages to certain teams. Teams that are already from a cold climate typically have an advantage in cold weather over teams from a warm climate. Blizzards and snow also tend to benefit smash mouth football running teams over passing teams. Now, you can earn the advantage of playing in conditions favorable to your team by winning home field advantage for the playoffs, but it shouldn't come into play for the championship game, which should have little external factors interfering with the game.

Of course, the Super Bowl should never be in a dome either. Football is supposed to be played on the grass, and it would give a huge advantage to any Dome team that made into the superbowl.
                                but by your logic, playing on grass would favour the grass teams over the dome teams.

and some domes do have grass now. I believe New Orleans does now. They ripped up the artificial turf (It was artificial turf when I went to a game in 99, but they changed it).

Comment

Working...
                                X