Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Super Bowl Debate

Namely:

Why oh why can't we have a Super Bowl in a cold-weather outdoor stadium?

We have 'em at cold-weather domes (Detroit in a couple years), so it can't be because of fear of the weather messing up ancillary activites in the host city.

And it can't be because the game would be bad, since most Super Bowls are ass anyway.

It has to be fear of not selling the tickets. But come on. Do any of us really believe a Super Bowl in Chicago wouldn't sell-out? That there wouldn't be people lined up for blocks to be in the lottery to get a ticket? Or a Super Bowl in Green Bay? Imagine that! Those people live for football. Boston? For crying out loud, why can't we have a Super Bowl in Boston?!

I'm so damned sick of the Super Bowl staying in the southern half of the country, with once-in-a-blue-moon trips up to northern domes.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

I agree. After the revolution, the Superbowl will be played in Soldier Field.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Viva la revolucion!
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I want to see a blizzard Superbowl. That would be so ****ing sweet.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It's because they want nice weather for all the NFL bigwigs that are going to be there.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

When I conquer your pathetic planet, all forms of football will be abolished. Death to football.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

And then we'll kill you!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But we'll leave his family alive so they can grieve!

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

and I thought this would be about the refusal of the NFL to run ads promoting tourism to my city.

Comment

Re: The Great Super Bowl Debate

Originally posted by Guynemer
                    Namely:

Why oh why can't we have a Super Bowl in a cold-weather outdoor stadium?

We have 'em at cold-weather domes (Detroit in a couple years), so it can't be because of fear of the weather messing up ancillary activites in the host city.

And it can't be because the game would be bad, since most Super Bowls are ass anyway.

It has to be fear of not selling the tickets. But come on. Do any of us really believe a Super Bowl in Chicago wouldn't sell-out? That there wouldn't be people lined up for blocks to be in the lottery to get a ticket? Or a Super Bowl in Green Bay? Imagine that! Those people live for football. Boston? For crying out loud, why can't we have a Super Bowl in Boston?!

I'm so damned sick of the Super Bowl staying in the southern half of the country, with once-in-a-blue-moon trips up to northern domes.
                    some of your cases have to deal with money. Chicago, although a refurbished stadium probably doesn't have as many seats as new ones. And Green Bay definately doesn't have that many seats.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      I agree. After the revolution, the Superbowl will be played in Soldier Field.
                      revolution? I hate communism, but I do support a revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                        YEAH, me too! Blizzards are CHOOL!
                        in Lappland, we play soccer with skis on during the winter.
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

then just watch one of the many grey cup games in blizards
                          What type of idiot quotes himself
                          -paramir

Comment

Re: Re: The Great Super Bowl Debate

Originally posted by Dissident

some of your cases have to deal with money. Chicago, although a refurbished stadium probably doesn't have as many seats as new ones. And Green Bay definately doesn't have that many seats.
                            The new Gillette Stadium in Foxboro (MA) has enough seats and there's no way a SuperBowl up here wouldn't sell out (double negative...meaning it would sell out easily)

It's probably because of the half-time show. There's no way Kelly Clarkson would sing in 10-degree weather.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

to half time shows.

real football fans don't need em'. We'd rather see statistics during halftime. I know I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X