No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds REBANG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you're looking for another game to occupy your time...

12.224.252.182 port 2002 has my game, Tweakers Anonymous. It is a very small universe (999 sectors) game with 960 turns per day, and the biggest thing setting it apart from the rest is that I have a moderate amount of ship edits. The specifics of my edits can be found in a thread elsewhere in this forum--a thread which will hopefully be made sticky when someone becomes a mod for the forum

I'll refrain from further chat about my game in A's game's thread hehe...

Comment

shameless plug ..
      King Thor

Comment

I would just like to announce that I received an invitation by aeturneus to come back to TW, but unfortunatly, I cannot accept it.

I'll let you know along this month if I'll manage to get some free time (and then some nice guy will tell me where I can get that damned registration-free Swath!)
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
          I would just like to announce that I received an invitation by aeturneus to come back to TW, but unfortunatly, I cannot accept it.
          TW TEASE!!!!

Comment

Yes SWATH is very nice, however I don't see paying $26 for something to play a game that's already free. It's just ridiculous.

Comment

I myself use JTWAT and it too is free
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

JTWAT is decent, but it's got an ugly interface, its not as easy to just glance at your stats... and SWATH has the best haggling I've seen. I've yet to get a "We're not interested." while using SWATH.

But, JTWAT is probably what I'll end up using once my eval runs out in SWATH.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakkhen
                  Yes SWATH is very nice, however I don't see paying $26 for something to play a game that's already free. It's just ridiculous.
                  Err, that doesn't make much sense to me. You'd rather pay $26 for an enhancement to something you were already paying for than something that was free? I think of the $26 for SWATH as purchasing a registration for the crippleware that is the game TradeWars, expanding the game from its basic functionality to automate some of the more boring parts and let you focus on the strategy instead of the mundane day to day activities.

Tradewars with a good helper is an entirely different game...

Comment

I would have to agree, the $26 I spent on Swath went to 2-3 programmers who's work I like. I consider the bombs that I have bought in the past, and the $50 that I spent on those, what a waste.

When I think of the $26 for Swath, I think of it like I think of a tip when I go out to dinner - they did a damn good job, above normal, and I would tip above normal.

But that's just me...

Comment

I'd definitely agree. Also, the tools in SWATH full version (as compared to the crippled eval. version) are worth every penny, and when properly used, definitely give a person a bit of a competitive edge. If your going to put hours and hours into a game like Tradewars, why shoot yourself in the foot and go with a second or third class helper like J-****? It sort of works, but it is not nearly as powerful as SWATH.
                      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

WotW has been rebanged. The map is new - but the settings are the same! Everything in the first post applies, so check the first post in this thread for settings.
                        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Well, yes I am in the new game ---- but STARDOCK is MISSING! I am at sector 2932 (where Stardock is located according to the settings-but I am definately ALONE.)

By the way, I will be actively performing my moves until next Tuesday... On Tuesday, I will be going in to the Hospital and undergoing insensive back sergery. The sergeons will be removing my three (3) lowest discs in my back. The lowest disc will be fused. The other Two will be removed and replaced with Titanium posts, pins, and mesh. OUCH! Need-less-to-say, I will be out of the net for between 3-5 days (hositalized).....So if anyone runs into me in the meantime, I only ask is to have a little mercy...If not - Sure, I understand, survival of the fittest....but I will also remeber
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            Well, yes I am in the new game ---- but STARDOCK is MISSING! I am at sector 2932 (where Stardock is located according to the settings-but I am definately ALONE.)
                            I found SD at 3628, but it is brioke. I can't land at SD. I should have deployed figs and seen if Cpt. Z would show up.
                            Last edited by Swissy; July 13, 2002, 11:04.
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks for letting me know where Stardock is located (sector 3628 vice 2932), though Swissy is right - We can't land on it...Only Aeturneus has access to it.

Comment

sheesh, maybe I *should* have just gone ahead and banged my game, dedicated server or no dedicated server... >boggles<

Comment

Working...
                                X