No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds REBANG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, didn't notice that setting, but now that I'm home and can look at tedit I went into a test game and saw it on the third page of general settings... cool...

As for the rest, I know *you* are as fig-happy as me And multicorping would be a bad idea since it would slaughter my XP. I could megacorp, but missing a day, especially as a red, basically means may as well pass on that game...

Comment

There is something wrong with the wotw game ...

--- cut-n-paste ---

3,329 ports are open for business and have a net worth of 29,091,992.
      41 planets exist in the universe, 58% have Citadels.
      2 Traders (100% Good) and 50 Aliens (22% Good) are active in the game.
      1,316,299 Fighters and 1,625 Mines are in use throughout the Universe.
      1 Corporations are in business.

40+ planets in 1 day?? oh which more than HALF already have citadels?!?! wtf??? 2 traders? 1 corp? All this info is wrong..
      King Thor

Comment

hmm... the info is wrong! whaa?
        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Sounds like the old pre-bang Burbel and Wittlich info...

Comment

Originally posted by aeturneus
            As to the ZTM thing, I did actually ZTM it - very thoroughly - but now that you mention it, I'm going to log in as an observer and CIM it, since having a good map available to every trader will level the playing field just a bit, and we have a pretty wide range of skill levels in this particular match from what I've seen so far.
            Ah yes, I tried importing the ZTM file into my game (I use JTWAT), but when I import the file, it screws up the program....So if you can CIM it, let us know and then hopefully it will work for me. Thanks Aeturneus

Comment

Originally posted by Xentropy
              Sounds like the old pre-bang Burbel and Wittlich info...
              That's what I was thinking....
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

hey

Uh, no, i'm ChaosLord. And the friend I told about who used to be a tw player is Drakkhen, doubt he'll reg on the forums though.
                "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Decided to give the game a shot, and immediately realized shield and fighter prices were WRONG. JANUARY 31ST?!? Change the date on your server, Aeturneus! :P Actually, you can't really, now, it could screw the game over. >sighs< you should've fixed that BEFORE banging...

Comment

Ah ha, and that's why the V info screen is wrong. The date is January 31st, and the V info is for April 26th. It only updates the V info if it is at least one hour since the last update. So unless you fix the server date and time, V will be wrong until almost three months from now when the server thinks it's April 26th again (sometime in late June-early July :P)

Comment

hey Aeturneus. Why not back the game up, shut it down, reset the time (the game is going to think it was shut down all this time) . and start it back up.

Hopefully that will fix the problem. If it messes up the game too much, then we'll just have to rebang.
                      King Thor

Comment

alternatively, you could just leave the game untouched and turn the bug into a feature. No one will know how many planets are REALLY out there and how many REALLY have citadels. Thats not going to be a big deal really.
                        King Thor

Comment

I corrected the date. Unfortunately, this has had a number of effects, probably only a few of which I have discovered so far. First, everyone's turns go up - to 1000 - because the game thinks people haven't been playing for 822 days. Because the game has been 'aged' for so long, discovering unused ports gives you 50 experience instead of 1. All ports seem to have been knocked up to 100%. I'm not entirely sure, but busts have probably been cleared as well. Fig and shield prices will be different than before. Additionally, aliens have gone wild - the alien rank list is wrong, because I forgot to delete the file that holds this info before rebanging, but Aliens will probably be a thousand times to strong, and Ferrengal may be overpowered as well. With these considerations in mind, I'm leaning towards doing a rebang of the universe - we've just barely started, and it makes more sense to invest a couple of months in a game that's working properly than in one that is kinda borked. So, here's when I'm going to do it - I'm posting this in the top of this thread as well - rebang will occur at midnight, Mountain Standard Time. The game will have a different random seed, and a CIM map of the universe will be provided for download immediately.
                          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Aaaah.. I just had some fun now that its gonna get rebanged anyway.
                            King Thor

Comment

LOL actually there are some tedit commands (B on the main menu and the Age of game in days setting on general one) which will allow the game to not become FUBAR when you change the system date and time, but since the game's been played while hosed, it's kinda hosed forever :> in the future it's a good thing to know though...

Rebang won't be a big deal... no one will lose more than one day of stuff, and now we can call the current game CHAOS until midnight since no one cares if they lose all their stuff... WAR!!!!! ;>

Comment

You are just plain EVIL Xentrophy!
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X