War of the Worlds has been rebanged.

IT WAS REBANGED AT 12:01 JULY 13 MST

http://www.waroftheworlds.ath.cx

Telnet to waroftheworlds.ath.cx:2002

Settings for the current game are as follows:

5000 Sectors

1000 Turns

Ferrengi Enabled

Photons: multiple fire enabled, wave duration of 10 seconds, standard cost.

Planetary Trade: 100%

Rob/Steal Factor: 40%

Maximum 5 Planets per Sector

Maximum 5 Traders per Corp

Stardock is next to fedspace in sector 3628

UPDATE:

Alignment Penalty Rules are different in WotW this time around. Now, players recieve alignment penalties only when attacking personal fighters of like aligned players, not corporation figs. This may help prevent "fig clouds" of high-alignment corps from spoiling the game for new players, who will be free to destroy the fighters without taking an alignment hit.

ENJOY!

=Aeturneus=
    Last edited by aeturneus; July 13, 2002, 02:00.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

hmm.. how many players are in this game. I dont think I can play more than 2 games simultaneously. 1000 turns is a LOT of turns.

I'd prefer playing just one personally.

So why dont we all just decide on one game and concentrate 100% of our efforts in it, and have some real fun ?
    King Thor

Comment

well, like my old dad always used to say - different strokes for different folks

Some people like the Firaxis style (few turns, lots of dupes) some the WotW style (lots of turns, big and convoluted universe, lots of easy money) and some like playing modded games, eg. Xentropy's server. Some people like playing all at once.

If running another simultaneous game gets more people interested in tradewars - and it looks like this one has attracted at least two new traders already - then IMHO it's a good thing for the community.

Besides, Xentropy and I are solidly in control of Xentropy's server, and I think Xent wants to go in a different direction altogether with his next game, the "living universe", sans dupes. Therefore, I still see a niche for WotW, and will continue to provide the server for those that are interested in playing.
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Doh, talk about a bang with no warning! Wish he'd banged tomorrow when I'm off work

Owell, now I have to start way behind. Dunno how much time *I*'ll have to play another game, either! LOL

Btw, to clarify what Aeturneus said, I'm definitely planning the living universe, but I still may rebang the main one as well, since, as A said, he and I are pretty much in control right now. With the extra players I'm seeing, hopefully that'll change, since a challenge is good

Happy trading!

Comment

umm, sorry to disappoint you buddy. but one of those NEW traders is ME. Guess which one. So you have 1 new trader.

I like large convoluted universes, myself (look up the post histories, I always advocate large universes with fewer turns. so yes I like your setup)

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have started that universe. I think I gonna enjoy playing in it. However, I just hope that the players aren't spread out too thin as there are only like 5 ACTIVE players.
          King Thor

Comment

BTW, I recommend posting an annoucement on Xen's server about this game.
            King Thor

Comment

Originally posted by King Thor
              BTW, I recommend posting an annoucement on Xen's server about this game.
              Done. BTW - we've got another new player there.. called Draakhen or something I'm assuming you're Chaoslord?

Check the top post for some more detailed information on game settings.
              Last edited by aeturneus; May 1, 2002, 17:15.
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Niiiice Idea. (the removal of the alignment penalty was really annoying me in the other game .. although that didn't stop me! )
                King Thor

Comment

Err, wait, the only way I know of to change the alignment rules is to use MBBS mode. Is there another way, or is your game MBBS enabled, Aeturneus?

If it's MBBS, megarob here I come! >drools<

Comment

6 players 3 corps. Xen, are you already in the game under a different name (like me) or have you not had a chance to play yet?
                    King Thor

Comment

I'm not in yet, I just got home from work 5 minutes ago. I work 12 hour shifts Sun-Tues and every other Wednesday, and this was my long week. So with the total surprise rebang, I've missed too much, so I'm not gonna play in this one. I'm sure every sector has a fig by now and with 5000 sectors and worthless probes, I can't be evil, and I'd rather not be good in yet another game.

You all have fun though :>

Comment

Oh, out of curiousity, Aeturneus, did you really ZTM your own universe (you call it a ZTM map) or did you do a CIM download when logged in as an observer? I hope the latter since it's much faster and easier and does the same thing, plus will be more accurate.

Comment

Oh you haven't missed anything at all. just 1 day.. and no there aren't that many figs out there yet. you start out with 2500 figs anyway.
                          King Thor

Comment

you haven't missed much, Xent... we aren't all as fig-happy as you and I just fooled around for most of my turns, checking out the universe. It's really, really convoluted, and should be quite a different game from the relatively straightforward universes we've played so far. There are many, many small bubbles, and quite a few large ones. It would be extremely hard to fig-ure this universe out in a day

As to the ZTM thing, I did actually ZTM it - very thoroughly - but now that you mention it, I'm going to log in as an observer and CIM it, since having a good map available to every trader will level the playing field just a bit, and we have a pretty wide range of skill levels in this particular match from what I've seen so far.

Why don't you play as evil and corp up with some goods?
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Xentropy
                              Err, wait, the only way I know of to change the alignment rules is to use MBBS mode. Is there another way, or is your game MBBS enabled, Aeturneus?

If it's MBBS, megarob here I come! >drools<
                              Actually, the latest version of TWGS (don't know about the others) has a feature in BOOM that lets you set alignment penalties to classic or standard. This game is set to classic = MBBS mode, although the rest of the game isn't MBBS. Might be fun to do an MBBS game sometime, I'll keep it in mind for the next bang
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...
                              X