Clear All

• Bueno, partido final!!!!!!

YUGOSLAVIA VS ARGENTINA

Por favor, hagan sus apuestas
    Please, place your bets
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

• Will Yugoslavia win the final match with its NBA stars Divac and Stojakovic?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hm......

I feel so embarassed Academia.

The game had indeed ended two hours ago.

But the Greek T.V advertised the semifinals as live transminsion for midnight.
        What a hoax!!!

I should have realized it when there were minimal advertisments at half time.

P.S It was indeed your worst game. I hope this is not how you play with Yugoslavia.

They are a very experienced team, unlike the Germans.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• O quizas Argentina podra quedarse con el titulo gracias a la potencia de Nocioni y la habilidad de Ginobili??
          Attached Files

Comment

• But the Greek T.V advertised the semifinals as live transminsion for midnight.
            Don´t worry it also happens here (hopefully not in this world cup )

Comment

• Originally posted by yaroslav
              BTW, nice sig: Palaiologos. I love Constantinople history

(Sorry for the off-topic)

Thanks. It is a real quote you know.
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• They are now showing YUGOSLAVIA vs NEW ZEALAND.

right now score is 39-30 in favor of new zealand!! 2nd quarter.

They advertised the games all day and they never mentioned they were replays. They didn't mention they were lives either but all the games so for had been.So i assumed.....

I still feel very embarassed.

Comment

• LIARS!!!!!

Comment

• What about Ginobilly, will he play tommorow?

Comment

• I know enough Constatinople history. Constantine XII died as a hero, with their soldiers defendig the last rome empire city. In spain institutes (14-18 years old) we don't study about Constantinople, so I seek for book and love it! The worst moment is the latin invasion of Constantinople, on the third or four (I don't recall the exact number) cruzade. There are some scens about Constatinople history on Civ2, you know

But this is a little off-topic, I'm afraid of.
                      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• You know i believed that if Argentina plays a game as tight as this they would loose not having the stomach for a close run.

But fortunately your team proved me wrong.

I expect a super match in the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaroslav
                          I know enough Constatinople history. Constantine XII died as a hero, with their soldiers defendig the last rome empire city. In spain institutes (14-18 years old) we don't study about Constantinople, so I seek for book and love it! The worst moment is the latin invasion of Constantinople, on the third or four (I don't recall the exact number) cruzade. There are some scens about Constatinople history on Civ2, you know

But this is a little off-topic, I'm afraid of.

It was the fourth crusade.I have made a little description of the events of the crusade here:

http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60376&pagenumber=2

And yes, this is certainly off-topic.

Comment

• You know i believed that if Argentina plays a game as tight as this they would loose not having the stomach for a close run.
                            One more time, people understimate this team.
                            I don´t understand why???? Haven´t we showed enough BALLS to play? can´t you see that we give everything???? (nothing personal Palaiologos )

THIS IS A REAL TEAM!!! FROM PLAYER ONE TO PLAYER TWELVE!!!

Yes, i know that we may lose tomorrow, but i´m sure that they won´t speculate, they will play this game as the last one in their lives!!! YES!!! They have to do it!!!
                            And remember that this is the final game of a world cup!!! doesn´t matter the millions of dollars that they earn in their clubs, it´s a question of pride, a quest for glory.
                            Personally, i like to think that. You aren´t there to win money. You earn that in your clubs. This is for your country.
                            ( too idealistic perhaps )

And unlike the football team, they proved me that they won´t surrender easily. No matter the final results, this guys are herores in our country!!!

Por favor, un ultimo esfuerzo!!!!

VAMOS ARGENTINA CARAJO!!!!!!

Comment

• VAMOS ESPAÑA CARAJO!!!!!!

SI LE GANARON A LOS YANKEES!!!!!! NO EXISTEN!!!! NO EXISTEN!!!!!!

Y bueno, no habran llegado a la final pero se dieron el gusto de ganarle a los yankees

Comment

• Sí, esto es casi como haber ganado medalla

Esto les pasa a los yanquis porque tienen la política de despreciar a los contrarios sin conocerlos. Por dios, si la única "estrella" que tienen es Reggie Miller, y ya tiene unos añitos . ¿Os acordáis de los posts en el foro OT cuando empezó el mundial, antes de que cayeran con Argentina?
                                "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                                "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                                The Spanish Civilization Site
                                "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Working...
                                X